Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 polaris 440 fan cooled thats been giving me some problems this year. when starting cold you can hardly get it to idle till it warms up for ten minutes and there is no throttle response till it gets rode for fifteen minutes, it just bogs down really bad. i've gone though the carbs twice and its got new plugs. any suggestions will be very helpful. also i'm looking for a seat cover or a way to repair my seat, its getting pretty torn up, i can get a whole new cover for $100 but i don't have that much spare cash goin to college so i'm open to suggestions there to, thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
what is the compression?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't mean to insult your carb cleaning knowledge, but do you know how to clean your pilot jets? I.e. -tiny screw driver to get them out and tiny wire to go through the top and bottom? Some people without the experience look at a pilot jet and see the 8 holes on the sides and think their good. But it's the super tiny other 2 holes that'll get 'ya. Sorry if I'm telling you something you know, but your problem sounds like pilot jet(s) being plugged.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Remove em and make sure they are cleaned real good. Bring them up to spec (air and idle screws and sync the carbs). Also maybe change your gas filter if you have not already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts