Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/size=2][/size=3]yeah still have this problem with my sled botteming out and i know i aint that big too bottem it out all the time becouse i only way about 224lbs and i am sure it aint going too bottem out on me like that ..so i guess i am going too take it back too the dealer and tell them i dont want it ...lol [}:)][blue][/blue][/size=4]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
lol, i no a heafty guy who kept bottoming out, he just put in tighter shocks and the problem was solved. you can also adjust a peice (sorry dunno name of it) that is near a long metal thing, it cranks to tighten suspension (itll be in the owners manual)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Good idea. Take the sled back to the dealer and tell them to throw that piece of garbage in the dumpster, where it belongs. If my sled's suspension ever bottomed out, I would leave it on the curb for the garbage man.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by JD
[br]Good idea. Take the sled back to the dealer and tell them to throw that piece of garbage in the dumpster, where it belongs. If my sled's suspension ever bottomed out, I would leave it on the curb for the garbage man.
hahaha. the suspension in his 600 is much better than your xlt.[Flame2] He just has to get it set up right for his weight and riding style.

Put your rear torsion springs on the high setting and see if you sill bottom, then adjust your front spings and rear track shock to your liking. Also if you still bottom you may have to revalve for your heavier weight.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
There is something else too.
We learned in motocross many years ago that you really should bottom out a little on each ride if you are riding hard at all.
You are not using all of your travel if you never bottom out.

Revalving as stated above would take care of it.
There is a heavier spring available for it from your dealer and that would take care of it too.
Either way would work, pick your method.

It boils down to setting your machine up for you.
You will be doing this with one part or another on virtually every machine that you ever own.
Get used to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey i would do that. i wouldn't even think of that....like me i only weigth 150 my shocks are like rocks its on soft but im soo light just crank the buggers up and ride or ask if they will swap fox shocks im gonna do it for snowcross jsut an idea but don't think o fpulling bakc that fusion to the curb id be pulling a new firecat there

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a fusion with the M-10 and I love it..I take it U have the IQ suspension...replace the spring with a heavier rate..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts