Snowmobile Fanatics banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
the setup it came with is 370-390-370..pilots 50

like 200 ft

is a radar run gps? so you think 56 are fine?

its a original blue spring both are actually so they need to be replaced along with coil i found on ebay for 21 dollars shipped. also have some 10-a weights 3 new for 15 dollars shipped

·
Registered
152 Posts
i looked through and didn't see if you mentioned engagement rpm? if it has a very weak primary spring, it wouldn't be revving up high enough before starting to move, and that could be what's bogging the engine down, not a lean condition!? just a thought

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run with a gps to keep the radar honest ,have a max speed setting , take a black magic marker and color a notch going down about 1inch on your inside sheave of the primary clutch this will indicate your run out, should be rubbed off within a quarter in. from edge of clutch ,I would suspect your probly not close with the descriptions you've been giving ,a new belt is probly in order also . you have the chart for jetting id follow it. when you buy a belt theres a process for prepping it before using it ,most people don't follow ,that's for later ,10-a s I believe are for a stock engine ,remember your piped and making anextra 40 some hp so a heavier weight will load this engine a bit more and pull harder running to 8100 is your goal for max performance , to deviate from the chart now wouldn't be beneficial at this point

·
Registered
25 Posts
10a are fine
I run with a gps to keep the radar honest ,have a max speed setting , take a black magic marker and color a notch going down about 1inch on your inside sheave of the primary clutch this will indicate your run out, should be rubbed off within a quarter in. from edge of clutch ,I would suspect your probly not close with the descriptions you've been giving ,a new belt is probly in order also . you have the chart for jetting id follow it. when you buy a belt theres a process for prepping it before using it ,most people don't follow ,that's for later ,10-a s I believe are for a stock engine ,remember your piped and making anextra 40 some hp so a heavier weight will load this engine a bit more and pull harder running to 8100 is your goal for max performance , to deviate from the chart now wouldn't be beneficial at this point

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the coils are cylinder specific. if you switch plug wires around it will backfire or run rough.

I didn't read all the pages but have you done a compression test?

·
Registered
827 Posts
The coil wiring is - white with green pto+, white with yellow center+, white with blue mag+. The coil grounds run to their individual mounting bolts. Double ground from harness to mag coil mounting bolt. Single ground from harness to center water manifold bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
well i have all the grounds at one point and only 1 ground from harness.

today i rode it hard and cylinder 1 seems to be working but looses power after 6k
i honestly feel my jetting is WAY to rich since i ride mostly at 20-30 degrees. i had the mix screw at 1/2 on all and it made the rps drop to 5k ish for powerband and was a dog. it actually stalled bein g too rich i gave it full throttle and just bogged. my main spring is junk and belt slips bad. im going to run all 360 jets across ylinders or 365 in all but 370 is deff too rich and i think it contributes a big bit on why the power band drops soo bad along with a junk primary and seondary springs. im broke as a joke and spent all my money on moving expenses for the airforce and going through rough times eghhh so it will be some time untill i can get moeny to get this going right.

can someone point me to some ebay or other sites selling polaris blue springs for front and back pulleys? until i can afford them.

i noticed on the rear pulley where the axle thing is it almost looks like a twist motion on back but you can see where it grabs the metal as if binding.

i turned the mix screws to 1 turn and ran ALOT smoother same problem tho. i will turn the mix 2 turns with my jetting and see how it runs. the way i tell my slide height from idle screws is allen wrenches. i think mines are 3/16 high and will raise them about 5/16. do you think 50 pilots are too big? im on the right track i think i know im wat too rich. would that cause it not too wanna go full out throttle

·
Registered
827 Posts
370 mains are not too rich for a triple piped ultra. I have 30 pilots in mine because they will load up with fuel at idle with the pipes. If you are too rich in the midrange you need to lower the e-clips on your needles one position. Middle position is stock.

Each coil has a black negative wire. They should be very short and ground to the mounting bolt for the coil itself. Each coils ground goes to it's own mount. There should be a double black wire from the harness, it goes to the mag coil mounting bolt. There should be a single black wire from the same harness, it goes to the water manifold center bolt.

The positive wires to the coils are 3 different lengths, the longest one goes to the pto coil, the shortest one to the mag and the medium length to the center.

Did you run it on a stand to check if the clutches are shifting properly?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
ok, i had to help my mother today install some arts on her blazer, so didnt get much time to tune.

i got new plugs but havent got them in, i did turn the a/f screw on all 3 and it REAllY helped the low end also had better pipe "hit". i dont think my cylinder is not running any more i feel the clutches need care with new springs and 55g weights along with new jets. at 370 they are WET with gas and you can hear the unburnt gas popping and spudderings while riding. id like to get a 370 jet for the middle but if they are wet shouldnt i down jet or will the needle setting really give that much more gas?. i will put in new plugs tomorrow and drop the needle making it leaner. since i turned a/f screw it seems to run better so im going to turn it out to 2 turns hoping it will run alittle better

·
Registered
403 Posts
370 mains are not too rich for a triple piped ultra. I have 30 pilots in mine because they will load up with fuel at idle with the pipes. If you are too rich in the midrange you need to lower the e-clips on your needles one position. Middle position is stock.

Each coil has a black negative wire. They should be very short and ground to the mounting bolt for the coil itself. Each coils ground goes to it's own mount. There should be a double black wire from the harness, it goes to the mag coil mounting bolt. There should be a single black wire from the same harness, it goes to the water manifold center bolt.

The positive wires to the coils are 3 different lengths, the longest one goes to the pto coil, the shortest one to the mag and the medium length to the center.

Did you run it on a stand to check if the clutches are shifting properly?
If you lower the e clips it will make it richer in the mid range.You need to raise the e clip so the needle sits lower to lean the mid range out.That shouldn't be a problem if you have the hard to find SLP needles in it.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts