Snowmobile Fanatics banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
well i cleaned them until white but i will get some tomorrow just incase.

www.slp.cc/instsheets/09-680.pdf

check this out do you think 50 pilots are too big and should drop to 34's?
Once a plug is fouled its FUKT!It doesn't matter how clean they look or if you can see spark or not,once they are screwed they are screwed.I don't know why,but that's the way it is.Get new ones and toss out the old.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
no i got it used and he fiddled with it. can you point me to where the probe is and where it connects to along computer sensor thing. id like to make sure he properley took it off and disconnected it, everything im reading is pointing to this along with obvious clutch problems. it wont idle under 3k soemtime starts right up sometimes not. i need to find where they hooked up and probe and computer thing.

i have a black box by my throttle warmer switch engine side with 2 wires unplugged. is that where the probe went? if so id like to get a probe and pug it in to see if it idles or not along with computerbox or whatever.

if you have a probe your not using could i use it for experimentation?

·
Registered
403 Posts
no i got it used and he fiddled with it. can you point me to where the probe is and where it connects to along computer sensor thing. id like to make sure he properley took it off and disconnected it, everything im reading is pointing to this along with obvious clutch problems. it wont idle under 3k soemtime starts right up sometimes not. i need to find where they hooked up and probe and computer thing.

i have a black box by my throttle warmer switch engine side with 2 wires unplugged. is that where the probe went? if so id like to get a probe and pug it in to see if it idles or not along with computerbox or whatever.

if you have a probe your not using could i use it for experimentation?
That black box is your voltage regulator and the 2 wires hanging out are for your detonation probe.When your sled cuts back on top RPM's does it bog down or does it act like its stuttering and missing?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
ill be dipped in shit....i took the regulator with the red/white and yellow wire and made a bullet connector. put them together and in one pull it started and idled. wtf is it ok to keep it that way since it now idles and starts right up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please tell me this is ok.

it was deff running rich so i think ill do 1.5 turns out but i deff want to run my center cylinder at 370 along with rest that plug was bad at 390.

·
Registered
403 Posts
When I put SLP pipes on my first Ultra back in 96 it said to disconnect the probe,so we did and it ran like shit.It would stutter like an electrical problem.I plugged the probe back in and zip tied it out of the way and it worked fine.Im thinking with that wire you hooked up its making a complete circuit making the computer think there is an exhaust probe hooked up.Remember my first Ultra wouldn't run properly with the probe unhooked even though the instructions said to unplug it.Maybe you have a similar situation .Try it out on top end and see if the stuttering is gone,if it is then you solved one pain in the ASS problem.

·
Registered
403 Posts
View attachment 364416 sorry outside night photo. im stoked that it idles and runs im just relieved on that spec. now i need new springs and roller and alittle better tuning carb wise. you think this is ok
That is the correct wires.Like I said on my last post,wiring it like that completes the circuit tricking the computer to think the exhaust probe is hooked up.Try it first before you buy any clutch springs.If it hits 8000-8400 RPMs without stuttering its good to go.I would go with 390 370 390 for the main jets.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
really that high? its really wet on the plugs. i almost never ride under 20 degrees. and honestly im broke. i asked a couple of friends if they had jets but they wanted 8 a piece for them. seems pretty high. if all is well then i will be very happy but now my oil light is on eghh if its not one thing its another lol. i cant wait until this thig is a beast

·
Registered
827 Posts
Here is what the SLP instructions say about the EGT probe wires. To disable the computer, disconnect the yellow wire and black wire leading from the computer to the three pin plug. Do not unplug the yellow wire leading to the voltage regulator.

I did this to mine and it runs fine.

My bad, I should have said to raise the e-clips one position, dropping the needles.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just had another look at your pic. Take that loop you made off and tape up those wires. Unplug the black and yellow wires from the three pin connector and tape them up too. Only the yellow from the voltage regulator will be left plugged in to the three pin connector.

That is the proper way to do it, as per SLP.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
its ok i appreciate all the help. ill try and get a good run tomorrow and see how it performs with it plugged in. if it does not hit max performance i will deff look into jetting and clutching but i really think somethings going on like weak springs. i work on scooters alot and they are almost the same as in cvt. when the scooter torque spring wears out it counter reacts with the roller weights making the seem heavier and the belt is not loaded any more making it shift earlier before powerband. this is why i think the engine is loaded before its revs can build.

please answer the follwing;

is yamalube or kendal 2t oil ok it snowmobiles?
and where can i find jets and springs

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here is what the SLP instructions say about the EGT probe wires. To disable the computer, disconnect the yellow wire and black wire leading from the computer to the three pin plug. Do not unplug the yellow wire leading to the voltage regulator.

I did this to mine and it runs fine.

My bad, I should have said to raise the e-clips one position, dropping the needles.
Yah,I know it gets confusing.I told my buddy the opposite once( by accident) and probably would have blew his sled up if I didn't think about it and catch it.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts