Snowmobile Fanatics banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
really that high? its really wet on the plugs. i almost never ride under 20 degrees. and honestly im broke. i asked a couple of friends if they had jets but they wanted 8 a piece for them. seems pretty high. if all is well then i will be very happy but now my oil light is on eghh if its not one thing its another lol. i cant wait until this thig is a beast
Im in Celcius so I'm probably confusing you!LOL..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
yeah it idles good now...sooo hard getting used to it. i just got oil in it and took it for a run. same speeds but feels stronger. at wide open throttle for about 2-300 yards it goes pup pup pup like a rich condition. and im down to 6k wot. i honestly feel either the needles should be set leaner..OR my main springs are too weak and arent letting engine rev up high enough to get into powerband better. but at idle to take off it peels out and just rips to 7k and drops to 6k and kinda just cruises. what you think. let me try the way you hooked yours up. if that does not work then its gotta be carb related or clutching for sure

·
Registered
403 Posts
Now you need new plugs,take the secondary clutch apart and clean the shaft the clutch half goes on.It might be seized up enough not allowing it to open all of the way keeping it in low gear.My 98 Ultra did the same thing as yours,just not as bad.It would hit 7800 RPMs wide open then drop to 7200.I took the clutch off and took it apart and it was totally seized.It took a ton of WD-40,heat from a torch and some banging with a hammer to get it apart.There is 3 plastic pucks in the clutch for the helix to ride up and down.Make sure they are in decent shape.There is a snap ring on the back of the helix that holds everything in place.Once that snap ring is off the helix and spring Is supposed to come out easily.If not spray WD-40 around the helix and tap it with a rubber mallet to see if it pops out.If it doesn't,heat the helix around the shaft a bunch then tap it some more until it comes apart.Use some force if you need to.Watch how it comes apart there is a key way that holds the helix in place.You don't have to wind the clutch when you put it back together just make sure you turn the clutch enough so the helix goes over the pucks.It sucks doing it without the clutch tool especially if you haven't done it before.Im betting your clutch is seized and you have shitty plugs.If you can't get it back together try to get a dealership to put it back together for you or have a friend help you hold everything in place while you get snap ring on.Its kind of a pain.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
so got the sled pretty much tuned on a dime except when colder is harder to idle and i believe it is a mix adjustment? i hit 103mph on ice with gps is this accurate? is still really rich on top end trying to fight throught the richness. i think the mag at 370 is good cardboard color and blackish on outside, center at 390 and was spot on weirdly but slightly rich and pto being wet rich. idk but its fast. its my first sled and is the mph accurate i think 103 mph garmin is alittle fast?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
oh sorry 113 is what i meant to type. dumb tablet i got ahold of previous owner and said this was what he did

high speed gearing
dayco belt
56g weights with diff curve?
lake racer slp pipes/slides/needles
studded track
and set the rear pulley to 3
i think he said his son did something with the engine like 700 cylinders/pistons? is that possible? and something with the track

the sled tries to creep and i hear bad squeaking from belt. is the rear pulley set right and is the springs worth replacing if thats the problem. i honestly dont know much about the adjustments on rear pulley

·
Registered
1 Posts
flat spots on clutches will rob gobbs of power the weights are either nylon bushed or not ,youll see nylon in the weights hole ,if theres nylon all the way around the hole no problems the studs cant have notches or signs of camshafting ,rollers I believe your talking about with flat spots need to be replace ,these are fairly inexpensive but that's after youget this thing running a little better techzpod mobdro download

101 - 112 of 112 Posts