Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been thinking about things to do to just kinda help my sled alittle...i got reading pool kids topic and ha got thinking about gearing...i dont know what its got stock, but i wouldnt mind maybe playing with them alittle bit. something with a good pull out of the gate to like 60 idk so please just throw some realistic and do able advice out there...and maybe so,e price ranges haha thanks guys.... hopefully if i decide to do this everyone will be able to help me out...thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
EPI pro series clutch kit and studs. Gearing is up to you. I ran 21/41 gearing in my edge 600. Topped at around 85 maybe 90. It was quick yes.

I say studs because with a clutch kit a lower gearing... traction with a stock track will be limited if you hammer down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
Stock gearing is 25/40 in that sled. That produces a ratio of 1.6, and the ideal ratio at least for me is around 1.8/9. To get that you could put in 22-21/40. Thats one of hundreds of possibilities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
edgex600rider said:
EPI pro series clutch kit and studs. Gearing is up to you. I ran 21/41 gearing in my edge 600. Topped at around 85 maybe 90. It was quick yes.

I say studs because with a clutch kit a lower gearing... traction with a stock track will be limited if you hammer down
ya its already got 144 picks...and a like new rip saw track so traction really isnt a problem

Dragon700 said:
Stock gearing is 25/40 in that sled. That produces a ratio of 1.6, and the ideal ratio at least for me is around 1.8/9. To get that you could put in 22-21/40. Thats one of hundreds of possibilities.
ok and like what will that 21/40 give me for results... and whats the cost of it...just the on sprocket correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
You would have to buy 1 gear $40 max, and maybe 1 chain which would cost $70 new. I'm not near my gearing chart, but someone on here can tell you if you would need a chain for that ratio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
The it will prolly be different than the stock gearing I said earlier. It has reverse correct?

Edit: Your stock gearing is 23/39 Which makes a ratio of 1.69.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dragon700 said:
The it will prolly be different than the stock gearing I said earlier. It has reverse correct?

Edit: Your stock gearing is 23/39 Which makes a ratio of 1.69.
and yes it does have reverse... mechanicle. where can i get the sprockets...at my local dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright...haha so i just ordered new sprockets... I went 22/40 which is a 1.82 ratio.... i dropped a tooth up top and added one on bottom so i can keep the chain the same.....it was 70 and some change so ill see how it goes haha ill let ya know... thanks dragon700 i apprietiate the help and info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
on my 02 i droped my bottom to 42, worked out well and shifted out nicelt, Thinksno suggested this, maybe he can chirp in here.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top