Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine is looking at buying a 2001 800 RMK SP 144, its got pro-lite skis and twin pipes, wondering if it might be a problem one or if it will be alright

http://www.powerbrokersinc.com/show.aspx?vid=1682144&stockno=S53872

there is probably a million threads about this, but i searched and didnt find what i was looking for

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The ones that they say had trouble were the 02-04 VES 800's. That sled is a non-VES sled. There are many many 02-04's that went thousands of miles trouble free.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
bigrok said:
The ones that they say had trouble were the 02-04 VES 800's. That sled is a non-VES sled. There are many many 02-04's that went thousands of miles trouble free.
Also if those sleds have the fat boy bearings installed they were just fine.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i wondered about maybe being a non VES if it was alright, and i know they didnt all friend of my dads has an 03 800 VE 156 (or whatever was factory) with god knows how many miles on the original parts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Yeah, the failures were on a small percentage.. but it gave the motors a bad rep.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Yeah, the failures were on a small percentage.. but it gave the motors a bad rep.
Especially, when people are adding thousands of dollars in aftermarket engine add-ons, and expect that the engine will wear normally. Its a lot like a roided up Derby horse. Its fast as hell, but is wearing down its entire body in record time. And then its to the glue factory....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Needmosnow said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Especially, when people are adding thousands of dollars in aftermarket engine add-ons, and expect that the engine will wear normally. Its a lot like a roided up Derby horse. Its fast as hell, but is wearing down its entire body in record time. And then its to the glue factory....
the glue factory? What

dodgetruck2 said:
Friend of mine is looking at buying a 2001 800 RMK SP 144, its got pro-lite skis and twin pipes, wondering if it might be a problem one or if it will be alright

there is probably a million threads about this, but i searched and didnt find what i was looking for
My brothers 02 800 blew up last year. After dealing with that sled all season, I'm sticking to the 600's for a while

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we have stuck at the 700's and probably will for a while they just run and run, but he wants an 800 just so its bigger then mine and the one he had before

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
just be careful with risers on the Gen II Polaris sleds. the steering is kind of weak once you raise the bars on those sleds.
already been told that, got mine all beefed up, its listed in my sig.....................................vvvv

·
Registered
449 Posts
sledfreak139 said:
Needmosnow said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
the glue factory? What

dodgetruck2 said:

My brothers 02 800 blew up last year. After dealing with that sled all season, I'm sticking to the 600's for a while
The glue factory is where they send all the dead animals no one wants.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Needmosnow said:
sledfreak139 said:
Needmosnow said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
the glue factory? What

dodgetruck2 said:

The glue factory is where they send all the dead animals no one wants.
and that's where the glue comes from to use to glue together the rushes lol jk

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
shady800x said:
and that's where the glue comes from to use to glue together the rushes lol jk
And that dead animal glue makes a compound stronger than welds and lighter too.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
i thought 137hp 800 gave them a bad rep?ha! just kidding people settle down.

·
Registered
660 Posts
got an 01 XC800sp (no ves) with PSI twins on it...take that 135hp stock and bump it up to something that can hold an 800 badge with its head up. I would not run twins on the valve motor(unless you plan the bearing upgrade).....when Mine goes, and it will...fat boy bearing and run it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts