Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given the new AF1 helmet when I bought my new IQ this year and since I had last years Polaris modular helmet I hadnt really tried it. I usually use Fogtech on my modular shield and have no issues with fogging unless temps get way down like they were yesterday and last night when they reached -17F without wind chill.

So I decided to check out the AF1 to see how good it really was and I was totally impressed.[:0] While all my buddies shields were fogging up I had literally zero fogging issues and this was with all the vents closed.

I dont think I will go back to using my modular now. I also think Polaris has a winner with this one. Oh and I should mention that I also wear glasses which I did apply the Fogtech to and they did not fog either.

Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can someone recommend a good MX style helmet that comes with a breath deflector and chin curtain ? Looking at the GMAX "GM37X

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Was looking at the AF-1 this winter, but was waiting for a review. Sounds good, dunno when I'll end up buying one, but NO fogging is what is needed.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Here is the link to the AF-1 video.

http://pi54.com/PurePolaris/Videos/AF1HelmetVideo.wmv

You can get an electric shield for it also for around $120.00

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by Russ172
[br]Can someone recommend a good MX style helmet that comes with a breath deflector and chin curtain ? Looking at the GMAX "GM37X
I have a polaris moto helmet it had the breath box but no chin curtain. I am glad it doesn't have the curtain because all the moisture from your breath collects there and ices/runs down. SO it would just puddle on the curtain.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I tried to fog that helmet and my glasses at haydays. Couldn't do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]
Originally posted by Russ172
[br]Can someone recommend a good MX style helmet that comes with a breath deflector and chin curtain ? Looking at the GMAX "GM37X
I have a polaris moto helmet it had the breath box but no chin curtain. I am glad it doesn't have the curtain because all the moisture from your breath collects there and ices/runs down. SO it would just puddle on the curtain.
The AF1 comes with a removable chin curtain which I wasnt using that day/night because of the issues you mention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts