Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1979 polaris apollo before before before
20091219232712953_29982.jpg
This is before before
201071203812897_29982.jpg
This is before
2009121919279234_29982.jpg
This is now
201071202838366_29982.jpg
201071202839100_29982.jpg
201071202839913_29982.jpg
and now also working on puting a polaris indy 488f/c motor in it.

This 1979 polaris apollo is my friends
201071202836741_29982.jpg
201071202837632_29982.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,585 Posts
Thats an interesting sled for sure!
I like the color scheme. Something about that sled makes it look really cool.
But whats with the cat snowflap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
that red thing is a pile.....don't let that friend ride your sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dodger said:
that red thing is a pile.....don't let that friend ride your sled
Dont worry I wont, he rode my ATV and totaled it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just added 2 inch lift to the front and some running board grips
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KawasakiGuy79 said:
dodger said:
that red thing is a pile.....don't let that friend ride your sled
Agreed dodger, them skis look like there gonna snap off.
He decided to take off the ski extenders because he thought the same thing, but I think his spindles are going to snape off now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Vintage_Sledneck said:
KawasakiGuy79 said:
dodger said:
that red thing is a pile.....don't let that friend ride your sled
Agreed dodger, them skis look like there gonna snap off.
He decided to take off the ski extenders because he thought the same thing, but I think his spindles are going to snape off now.
Thats true, I might do the same to my Kawasaki but ill rienforce the welds aroud that area first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just added NOS to my Apollo, and ye it is real.......................but an energy drink
2010830173753748_29982.jpg
2010830173744357_29982.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
some nice monster stickers would look good on the tunnel...y not you alreay have that nos bottle on there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
^Dude nuff with the f-ing monster stickers really[Disappointed]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
monsterstickersaddhp said:
some nice monster stickers would look good on the tunnel...y not you alreay have that nos bottle on there
I would put them on but my feet will take them off right away. Running boards too skinny






KawasakiGuy79 said:
hahahah thats rad, where does the hose go to.. XD
The hose goes inside the hood to a wire tie to hold the hose on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
have a buddy kick you in the nuts so i dont have to. the sled looked great before. classic blue and white. just needed some cleaning up. youth is so very much waisted on the young.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
i think it looks horrible, sleds like that should look stock.

that's just my opinion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
madcow said:
have a buddy kick you in the nuts so i dont have to. the sled looked great before. classic blue and white. just needed some cleaning up. youth is so very much waisted on the young.
You sound like my dad he says the same thing except the nut kicking part. I figure it this way, I like to have fun on the old sled and before it didnt meet my standards so I modified it so that is does meet my standards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
I am not coming down hard, i am basically just smacking myself on the forehead and shakeing my head.

the sled means nothing to you as far as a classic. but to those of us that see a great piece of sled history being defaced like that. oh kid what were you thinking.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top