Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost the key to my 03 250 trailblazer. Is it as easy to buy a key for this as it is a snowmobile or do they sock you for the whole key assy?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
If you know what key you have (usually you could the number of dots or read what number is on the key) you can get another one, but if you dont know what key you have, you will have to order a whole new switch.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad deal with this. I had the number. All it did was make it simple for the dealer to order me a new blank. Still needed the key to take to a hardware store to cut a new one. 60.00 later I had a new switch

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well i guess on the bright side it couldve been a lot more $$. glad to hear that you got a new key and can ride on, make sure not to lose this one. lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
well thats alot more then what i would have done.... i prolly would have just wired it in the on position if it wasnt needed for starting like a car. and then use the kill switch for on and off. But its prolly better to take the safer route and just get a switch.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^^^Can't do it that way as it has electric start.

·
Registered
639 Posts
ooo...theres a way we've did it b4

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yes there is a way to do it but it won't look as clean as it would with the stock switch.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Won't work that way with a electric start atv,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts