Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being that this is a mostly polaris site, im wondering what you guys think of polaris factory bashing cat and skidoo. i think its foolish for them to be doing this, is this the only way they could think of to try to sell sleds this year?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
What the heck are you talking about?

·
Registered
142 Posts
All the snowmobile makers bash and pick on one another if not we would not have the sled we have today, it creates a creative atmosphere , and thats just good for us they stop thinking about themselves and they have started to think about the buyer ( us ) and started designing suspensions, ergonomically correct seating positions, engines, etc.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u mean in the brochure how they compare specific aspects to other brands of sleds, and make it look like theirs is better, every other brand does that also....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, they put out advertizments in magazines, more or less saying that cat and skidoo and yamaha with all there tecnoligy isnt as good as polarises old technoligy.they say there trailing arm suspension is better than a-arm, if so y did skidoo and yamaha go to a-arm and polaris will have it soon to. they cut down the rev riding position and no wind protection yet there newest sled is in line with the rev and has no wind protection. im not here to bash polaris, they make a fine sled, im just wanting to know what u all thought of there ads, dont u guys read magazines?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Thier ads seem fine to me. Nobody is around to say what you can and can't do. Can you prove anything otherwise?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yamaha went to A arms because it could support the tank of an engine that they dropped in the chassis.

Skidoo went to A arms because a trailing arm wouldn't work in conjunction with the rest of the REV sled. Have you not looked at that thing? The trailing arm would bolt on where the engine is mounted...

Do you not watch sledding shows or read articles in the magazines? Every magainze article about wind protection I've read says Polaris's old Edge chassis has the best protection from the wind from any of the manufacturers. And the REV has the worst, as it directs wind at the rider.

I read that in Snow Tech (I think)

All the quotes off Polaris's advertising website is from magazines... They didn't just make that stuff up...

It's called marketing, I saw an arctic cat ad with a cat way out front and a RX1 a REV and a Pro X all far back. Nobody is ripping on their advertising techniques...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not saying they cant put out ads putting down the other manufacterers, but way say bad stuff about the others tecnoligy advances when in a year or so polaris will be copying them.it just dont make a lot of sense unless thats the only way they can sell sleds. after all, polaris dealers are the only ones that are overstocked with a pile of 2001, 2002 sleds that they cant get rid of.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by skcowman
[br]after all, polaris dealers are the only ones that are overstocked with a pile of 2001, 2002 sleds that they cant get rid of.
^Littering and... littering and... littering and... SMOKIN THE REEFER.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Originally posted by skcowman
[br] after all, polaris dealers are the only ones that are overstocked with a pile of 2001, 2002 sleds that they cant get rid of.
According to who? My neighbor's skidoo dealer was trying to unload a 2003 Renegade on him, out of the crate the other day. He wanted to trade in his 2002 Legened 700 but the dealer wouldn't take it in trade cuz he had one of those in a crate also.

Polaris was the #1 snowmobile seller until last year when the REV's were selling for a lot less, and SkiDoo was losing money.

Polaris RMK's are outselling all other MFG's Mountain sleds almost 2 to 1.

It's funny you say Polaris will be copying them. I'm glad you have this insider info, it's quite interesting.

They didn't bash the A arm design, they just pointed out the strengths of a Trailing arm suspension...

Plus I'd like to know how you know that Polaris's new machine is gonna be shaped like a REV, cuz you know that cuz they said the REV is cold and Polaris is copying the REV so the new Polaris is gonna look like an REV eh?

Good one. Got more BS?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what strengths do a trailing arm desine have? and watch, a-arms in future for polaris and a more up front riding stile. them tell me its all bs.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
U wanna turn this into ANOTHER "trailing arms suck" topic, then I'm gonna lock this immediately.

The Pro X2 and Pro XR already HAVE a more "stand up" riding style. That doesn't mean the sled has to be COLD TO RIDE.

If a new machine's design requires A-arms I don't doubt that they would use them. Why not? Cuz they said trailing arms have some strengths over a-arms?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br]^Littering and... littering and... littering and... SMOKIN THE REEFER.
SUPER TROOPERS!! I luv that flick!! Anyway, what I think were seeing here is a hardcoresledder reject in our mists... Just a tip buddy, why don't you go back and talk this trash with the other brand bias know-it-alls, cuz I don't think your gonna get any simpathy here[;)]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
1. If the design works, each manufacture will use it in some form

2. My X2 wont have the greatest wind protection, but then again, IT IS A FRICKEN RACE SLED, YOU DONT NEED WIND PROTECTION

3. Do a search for about the 15 other topics bashing trailing arms and you will find strengths of them, it has strengths just like A arms

4. The X2 already has a more forward and stand up riding style, doesnt look nething like the REV and has Aarms

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
To each his own.

I will add by saying what we have among the "big 4" manufacturer's is called Competition! If one sled had the best design of all it would monopilize the market and prices would sky-rocket it would result in a Microsoft-like economy. This competition, or "bashing" as you call it, is what keeps us consumers happy with fair prices on sleds that are quite similar in design, yet offer superior technology over sleds just a couple years old. You should be rejoicing! I think it's great!!

As a side note, i think a future Polaris re-design will only add more wood to the fire.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i couldnt stop laughin the other day when a guy tryed to tell me a arms are way better then trailing arms because they have tons more travel. i had to dreak out the specs to him n show him that the polaris trailing arms had more travel then the arms.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep i would say we have a troller... to bad he wont hook a fish here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.