Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 97 indy 500 and if im idling andi put it to the bar it bogs for about 3 seconds and doesnt even spin the track, but if im going about 30 and punch it takes off Great and flies has an brand new belt on it. help would be greatly appreaceated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my gues is you need to adjust the idle set screw ( the big one ) you can turn this by hand.what rpm does your sled idle at? if you rev it up slowly does it respond ? what rpm does your clutch catch at ( should be about 5 grand)...?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think your idle is too low and your slighty fouling the plugs. When you pin it the plugs get hot and burn off the excess gas and oil. I had the same problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sled is idiling at about 2000 rpm's the carbes have been syncronized and cleaned, the clutch engages at 4500. thanx

·
Registered
864 Posts
Last time you had a good look at the carbs? MY gues is your pilots are plugged.. Once you rolling and on the main a bit the problem dissapears.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Your needle n seats could be leaking, which would allow too much fuel into the carbs, then into the cylinders which would initially flood them out when you punch it from a stand still.

My sled did the exact same thing you describe. I changed my needle n seats and the problems was solved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the fuel pump supposed to be pumping quite a bit of fuel while the sled is idiling because when it is fuel is just dripping through into the fuel filter. Is this normal? or coult it be a bad diaphram

·
Registered
608 Posts
Your idle is good your clutch engagement is good. Your problem is in the carb. You may want to clean them (especially the pilot jet) and check the needle and seat. If this doesn't take care of the problem then adjust the pilot air screw. It's the small slotted screw on the right side of the carbs toward the airbox. They should be about 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated. If the sled is running rich, turn them out another 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts