Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in any direction on how to properly set up perfect alignment between jackshaft to driveshaft, chaincase shimming, rear skid to tunnel alignment, etc for maximum efficiency. Where do you measure from, etc. Any help appreciated

thanks
will

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
As I just said to someone else, check out a Klymer's Guide for your sled. They should give exact specs on that and anything else you wish to know or tinker with...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you could go around in circles trying to align all the stuff off of one shaft. all i do is take the chain of, sping the jackshaft with the secondary clutch off, you will tell real fast if the brake disk is hanging up to much, the only adjustment you have is the little play in the bolt holes. then sping the axle, see how that one spins. then put the chain on and see how they both spin. for track resistance i run only 3 wheels on the rear end. for trail riding though i might go back to four. but i center the middle wheel so it cant touch any lugs the outside two wheels hold the track online. also roll the drive axle in the track see the the drivers have a little bit of room to move, not much, but some, then roll it over as a whole unit and see if you can see any wheels or any rub spots that might slow down the track. if this is for a trail sled i wouldnt waste to much time, pounding down trails will throw it back out of perfect wack any ways, clutch alignment and center distance and maintanance will gain more than any thing you can gain on keeping all stock parts and gaining rolling resistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts