Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
there a very strong engine, good for a 118hp. gearing it down a little and some good clutching you could run with the bigger twins on the lakes and trails.
call hinkley motors and ask for Luke, he forgets more about making a sled go than any dealer or aftermarket knows. 320 384 7574

c

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I have a 97 XLT (triple), not sure if its a H.O. or not, but I've been real pleased so far w/it. Its stock, and I've had it up to 105 on the speedo. Seems to have nice smooth power. Mines got 5600 on it now, and I plan on rebuilding it this summer, just for insurance purposes.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
POLARIS, mr. durst------oh wait i mean jb lol, i have a 93 xlt 580, and i am quite pleased with it, i know its not the biggest triple, but dam does she run,,,,i can keep right on those cats..........

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I was just curious polaris dud, did you forget an "e" on the end of your name. I kind of thought you'd want to be a "dude", not a "dud". If not, thats cool...I was just curious.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

Edited by - Tfin70 on 08 Mar 2002 07:50:25

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Tfin70:

I was just curious polaris dud, did you forget an "e" on the end of your name. I kind of thought you'd want to be a "dude", not a "dud". If not, thats cool...I was just curious.

[/quote]

LOL, maybe he is a dude. maybe he is a dud. I dunno, you never know what people were thinking when they signed up.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I just thought it was a little strange.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't know how that motor is with the single pipe, but put a set of triples on there, and it is a heck of a lake racer. That engine has the big 38mm carbs and the piston porting likes its RPM's. My buddy had the '97XC 600 with triple SLP pipes, and we had over 115 mph on the speedo. It doesn't have the torque of the U.S. twins, but it still laid waste to an SRX 600 on the lake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts