Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a difference is there between this throttle set up and the conventional throttle[?] When on the Isabella SF ride I noticed at times my thumb was getting sore from working the throttle. Just wonder if the E-Z throttle is that much better. If so, where can I find one[?] Checked e-bay and had no luck there. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
I always take a little off of the springs in the carbs on my tripples. You just dont want to do to much at a time. It will lighten it up alot. I know a few people that do it and it works very well. But take too much out and it might not come back all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
The EZ pull gives you more travel for the first 1/3 of throttle pull and less travel on the remainder the result is you are cruising with the throttle pressed closer to the bar so you have a more relaxed grip than with your thumb extended.
The part # for the throttle is #(5433343).
You should be able to order one from the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
I had one on my Indy Trail Evolved Chassis...Pretty nice unit, until you find out the price tag when it breaks. Ouch. I swapped the throttle to a standard indy(because I needed a thumbwarmer desperately) and honestly couldn't tell that much of a difference in numb-thumb. Bart, I think it's just a triple thing, they are something to get used to with the wicked stiff throttle(start riding more to get used to it or do thumb exercises, honestly, it helps). I have a rule of thumb(pun intended) on my '95 XLT, don't let it go below full throttle...just steer clear of the bushes(sorry Bart, had to throw that one in there)...j/k.
-Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
one my indy 440 i have ex throttle pretty nice i like it but i have been able to find a used one either since a damn rotty ate the end off along with the thumb warmer part damn dog. i like it alot tho makes riding nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Originally posted by nathanw24
[br]one my indy 440 i have ex throttle pretty nice i like it but i have been able to find a used one either since a damn rotty ate the end off along with the thumb warmer part damn dog. i like it alot tho makes riding nice
uh what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
I don't know what you are thinking when you say it is expensive. the throttle block only costs about $16.00.
You have to change the safety switches over from the old one but the price is certainly not out of line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,958 Posts
Bart3298,If I am not mistake the E-Z throttle feature is the type of cable pull setup that was available on those sleds,here is a picture of what I think is a E-Z throttle cable setup, compare this to the one that is on your sled, if your interested I am selling this whole setup with choke cables and vent lines for $20 plus shipping, this setup came off a 96 XLT standard with 34mm carbs.

[attachment=59236]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Will the e-z throttle fit on my 97 xcr 600? Who sells them? My throttle is pretty stiff, a friend of mine said to just put on new cables. I was told NOT to clip the springs in the carbs by the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So did they just start using that set up as a standard in the later years. In the back of my owners manual they give part # 2871028 for the E-Z throttle but comes with the thumb warmer so that probably explains the part number difference. I did a google search with that number and it came up with nothing. Will my thumb warmer and everything switch over to that throttle block without a problem[?] Thanks!!!
Originally posted by erick
[br]The EZ pull gives you more travel for the first 1/3 of throttle pull and less travel on the remainder the result is you are cruising with the throttle pressed closer to the bar so you have a more relaxed grip than with your thumb extended.
The part # for the throttle is #(5433343).
You should be able to order one from the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,943 Posts
The original block old part # is 5431311-067, the new substituted # is (5433343).
It is only the throttle block and all your parts should fit on it. It should retail for $16.00 or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by 98700xc
[br]Bart3298,If I am not mistake the E-Z throttle feature is the type of cable pull setup that was available on those sleds,here is a picture of what I think is a E-Z throttle cable setup, compare this to the one that is on your sled
This is incorrect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]The original block old part # is 5431311-067, the new substituted # is (5433343).
It is only the throttle block and all your parts should fit on it. It should retail for $16.00 or so.
A new throttle lever is also needed. Probably $15. Also, check into the safety switches. I do not know if they are the same between the two. Also, I do not know if any triple ever came with the EZ throttle. Somebody should chime in if they know if the travel is the same for a triple and a twin. Also, the thumbwarmer may not be completely the same, but you can probably rig it to work fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
since ya'll are on the subject of throttles please help with this one: my 96 ultra lever is quite a bit different than my 93 xlt. the ultra is farther away for my thumb than the xlt, and with my little hands its kinda pain in the rear. im assuming the ultra needs more throw because of the bigger carbs, but can i use that e-z throttle to get more throw without the extra reach??
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top