Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, where the update only needed on the usa motors or the canada ones too. where shouldi get them done and cost? who has done them, can i do it myself? what valves are best to use ss? and where to get bearings if i can do it myself?

thanks nik

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Pm shortstop20 or customised88400, they did the crank upgrade to their 800's.
Deffiantly go with the SS valve kit. Not sure if you can do the crank bearing as I beleive they need to machine a larger area for it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
are you talking about an 800 triple or twin? as far as i know there are no issues with the 800 xcr crank. maybe the valves, but i don't know. i ask because i see the 800 xcr in your signature there.

if you're talking about a twin, there are a couple places i know where you can get it done. SLP does the toughboy bearing upgrade. they dont' actually machine the case halves, they just put on a bigger bearing that fits in the factory location. i sent my entire bottom end to them, but they only require that you send the crank.

here's an article about a place in washington that machines the case too http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/2004/allsprtcrank.php

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah sorry the liberty twin, i am thinking of purchasing one and was just figuring out how much i will need to purchase and to do the crank and valves, i can get my cousins to do it if i need it to be machined. i am just reading the oldddddd posts now and i see that you your out customized89trail.

thanks xcr440 how is you crank holding up, i know there are more common on the 800 but i have heard of the cr5anks going on the 700 also. i will pm them soon.

thanks keep the info coming

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, i posted a lot when i did mine. with pics right through the whole project. it ended up costing me i think close to $400 including the shipping which was about $50 each way through UPS. like i said, SLP only required the crank but i sent them the entire bottom end because at the time i just didn't feel comfortable doing it in my garage. so they charged for the labor of splitting the case, reassembly and some gasket scraping. i think if you just sent the crank it's in the $150 range or somewhere around there plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]yeah, i posted a lot when i did mine. with pics right through the whole project. it ended up costing me i think close to $400 including the shipping which was about $50 each way through UPS. like i said, SLP only required the crank but i sent them the entire bottom end because at the time i just didn't feel comfortable doing it in my garage. so they charged for the labor of splitting the case, reassembly and some gasket scraping. i think if you just sent the crank it's in the $150 range or somewhere around there plus shipping.
do you have the pics or the topic still? i have many more to go through and haven't came across that topics yet.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
here are a few, not sure if it's all of it

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31504

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34472

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41994

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42245

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey customized89trail i think i found it, was it called almost done, and i think there were two i looked into both, very clean sled, does it still look the same. good pics they will hoprfully help me out.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i looked at those all thanks alot for finding them, i will bookmark them all so when i need them i have them, thanks again

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well, at the moment it's in pieces again. the motor is in it, but the track is out since i'm putting a new track in it. the chaincase is out. i got ceramic coated SLP twin pipes for it this year and SLP heads. it's still pretty clean. the outer appearance is the same.

for next year i'm planning on turning my pro-xr 440 into an 800 twin trail sled. might even use the motor out of this sled and sell the chassis as a roller. we shall see. that's also assuming i don't destroy the pro-xr in racing.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i thought i would post some prices for other to see if needed: slp tough boy bearing kit with installation and parts $96.00 and then what ever it costs to ship there and back. i have yet to find ss valves

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]well, at the moment it's in pieces again. the motor is in it, but the track is out since i'm putting a new track in it. the chaincase is out. i got ceramic coated SLP twin pipes for it this year and SLP heads. it's still pretty clean. the outer appearance is the same.

for next year i'm planning on turning my pro-xr 440 into an 800 twin trail sled. might even use the motor out of this sled and sell the chassis as a roller. we shall see. that's also assuming i don't destroy the pro-xr in racing.
sounds like fun, do you have a sound clip of the pipe? what uis the performancee like now?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
sounds like fun, do you have a sound clip of the pipe? what uis the performancee like now?
i haven't even got to start it yet with the twin pipes. again running it down to the wire this year. leaving a week from monday on my snowmobile trip. hopefully get the sled all back together and started tomorrow. the performance with the single pipe and clutching was great, walked right away from my buddies stock 01 800 like it was nothing and he weighs like 75 pounds less than me.

here are a few videos i have in my gallery where you can hear the SLP single pipe. be patient, takes a minute to load them.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/200626163127_4198.mov

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/20062617734_4198.mov

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/_Images/Member%20Videos/Miscellaneous/20062616593_4198.mov

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank man, i cannot wait to buy one, if i find one in my price range i will buy it, lol.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
honestly, if you can find an 01 without VES i'd go for that. you can usually find them for cheaper, and then you dont' have to deal with the valves. the VES engines don't have a whole lot more HP. it seems to me you can find pipes for the non-VES motor for less money too. i got my single pipe used for i think $180. i paid $200 for the ceramic coated twins.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not many xc sp around here anyways, but if i find a 01 in my price range i will take it, but i will take the 02, 03 over the 01 any day. i just drool over the blue and yellow.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
lol, cool. i don't really care too much about color. as you can tell i changed the way mine looked anyway. good luck finding one!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i love yours those, but i dont like the way yours was (stock), but now i drool also, lol. very good work

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but does any one know if the canadian 800 had the problem with the cranks, i think they would but i unno maybe just the usa one have the smaller bearings? anyone know

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
my uncles 04 800 classic took a crap at 8,000 something miles last year. power valve fell back into the cylinder. that was no good.

so he recently got it back together. he did tons of research whether it was worth to rebuild it or not. but i believe the company he decided to go with to do the crankshaft was Eckhoff's or something like that. i believe they are out of Mn.

hasnt gotten a chance to run it yet this year so we dont know how longs its gonna hold up this time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts