Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2002 polaris edge is the most tippiest sled i think ever mad no matter how slow i go when i turn it practicly flips right over and i do shift my weight? i flipped it like 3 times today. WHAT GIVES

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
you obviously have a suspention problem if your having trouble cornering an edge. check your front suspention for broken/missing swaybar blown shocks things along those lines. the only thing ive ridden that corners better than my edge in my buddys 95 xcr 600

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
My Xc handles like its on rails. very planted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Try Softening the preload on the front shocks. You may be getting too much bite. Don't know if thats the answer, but its a helluva lot better than any of the answers you've gotten so far

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i just got brand new ryde fx shocks on the front with like 20 miles on them so far i dnt know what the deal is?

do you tink my front shocks arent set up right ? what d oyou guys have yours set at?

·
Registered
632 Posts
if they are set too soft it may seem tippy. is the stabilizer bar connected? The edge is one of the most stable sleds ive rode.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya I think so which bar is that? I don't know how they are seat how d o you make them more stiff

i just took it out 10min ago and still the same.

·
Registered
632 Posts
should be an adjustable collor on the lower part of shock, and you should be able to see threads . If i remember right you turn the clockwise to stiffen. The stabilizer bars are the bars that go from the behind the ski saddle to up into the belly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my edge is pretty solid but my frount shocks are also set really firm its not tippy but the steering sucks with the studs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my does exact same think i was told to put longer carbides on it 10 instead of 8 havent tried that yet but my isnt tippy but turn the bar all the way left or right on the road and you just go streight till you hit the bank!!!

does it seem to catch then tip

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
coyote55355 said:
my does exact same think i was told to put longer carbides on it 10 instead of 8 havent tried that yet but my isnt tippy but turn the bar all the way left or right on the road and you just go streight till you hit the bank!!!

does it seem to catch then tip
well when im corning it just seems to be way unstable

·
Registered
50 Posts
sounds the same as mine dealer said carbide was to short for the push of the studs i have 96 studs in my track makes sense if it pushing you then catches and you tip.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Is your rear suspension set too stiff? If it is, it raises the center of gravity on the sled and will make it tippy.

According to the performance setup manual I've read, you should bottom out the sled twice per ride. If you do more it's too soft, if you do less it's to stiff/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts