Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have leaking Y pipe to engine gaskets on a 2003 XC SP 600 Polaris. I thought it would be a quick fix but it's pretty tight to fit the right hex key in some spots. Anyone have any tips such as socket hex key, regular, T handle etc. Also size of hex key? SAE, Metric? I will be expanding my tool set to complete this but don't want to buy things I don't need. Main pipe and VES are already removed.

Any other tips on this replacement would be appreciated. I searched forums and didn't run across anything.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey, I did that on my 01, same sled..NICE! but I had to resort to an allen wrench, and i believe it was metric, however I do not know the size. I presume this might not be much help, or you already found the right one. Just a thought, ill check tonight. good luck.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Allen wrench, metric. I believe an 8? Not sure on size either, we have a doo-dad with a whole range of allen wrench sizes on one tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I realized the hex key set I borrowed had the wrong size in the 6mm spot. Just so happens this is the size needed. For others the trick to doinghis is loosen all six bolts. Then remove the bottom 4. After that you can pull the manifold away from the jugs slightly. If you don't do this before trying to remove the top two bolts they will not clear the manifold and you can't ge them out. Keep moving the manifold away slightly as you remove the bolts and then reverse after installing the new gaskets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts