Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 1995 polaris indy lite. It was sitting out side for most of the summer and i brought it up to the garage to tune it up and it wouldn't start. i took both of the carbarators out and found water in the gas. i drained most of the water out and got it running again. the problem is when i give it trottle it will stall out. it sounds like it is flooding out. any suggestions please tell me. how do i fix it if it is flooding out

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you need to take the carbs off and really clean them thoroughly if you haven't already. new plugs too. get rid of all the old gas and put in new gas. make sure the fuel filter is good. that's where i'd personally start.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]you need to take the carbs off and really clean them thoroughly if you haven't already. new plugs too. get rid of all the old gas and put in new gas. make sure the fuel filter is good. that's where i'd personally start.
i agree, and put in new oil and coolent(if applicable), and id go down to your local snow shop and pick up some iceapropinal (sorry dunno how to spell it) and it goes into the gas tank and if water gets in the iceprop will evaporate it...clean out everything you can

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Drain the tank, carbs, etc. New fuel and dry plugs, good luck.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Something to add with the cleaning mentioned above. Drop a can of SeaFoam in it, if there is any water that will evaporate it and it helps clean out they system as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts