Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 500 polaris indy Sp and i can't figure out what is wrong with it. It will bog really bad so bad that i would have to push it along then if you can get the rpms up it will work fine. I took it into my shop and changed the fuel pump cause i took the bung out on the front of the engine and quite a bit of gas came out both side i took the vacume hose that goeas to the fuel pump off then pulled it over and it sprayed gas out. Today i took it for a test drive same thing happened so i took off the air breather and there was all gas on the bottom. For some reason it is flooding itself some how. Im going to change the jets from the stock 280s to 270s mabee that will make a difference. And i also took both chokes out and sealed them by putting the plunger thing in with a spacer then putting a bolt in it and i put a primer on. if anyone has any idea of what clould be wrong please tell me.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The fact that you said it is fine after you get the Rs up tells me that the problem is probably the pilot circut. Idle air screw adjustment or an obstruction could cause it. I have also seen the pilot jet come undone in the carbs. It could be the float adjustment or the needle/seat(unlikely)unless they carb dip did something to em.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i found out what was wrong i think it was the spark plug ends i put another set on changed the jets from 280s to 270s and i also changed the fuel pump but i think it was the ends that did the trick. It works great now and has lots of power[:)].

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.