Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Polaris FST "Cruiser"edition has been defective since the first ride and the dealer Diggers Polaris in Prior Lake MN along with Polaris Industries Inc. in Roseau, MN. will do nothing for us other than keep telling us to keep working with the dealer to get it fixed, Although everytime it breaks down it is something different every time.

My wife and daughter had it out on the first voyage and the check engine light came on(100miles)so we contacted a local dealership to check it out , So we we took it to that dealer, Lakeland Power Sports Clear Lake,WI.where the problem was not a quick hook up the computer and just clear the code and be on your way as that is what they had said it would be, It was in the shop for FIVE WEEKS having the motor completely removed and the wiring harness changed. The weeks it was laid up the club that we belong too had their yearly outing which of coarse we wanted to attend but the dealer we purchased it from(Diggers) would not give us a loaner and Polaris nor Diggers would pay for a rental. We did rent a snowmobile for the weekend at a cost of $300 that we paid, when we own a new snowmobile. The call came that it was done and ready to pick up so we went to get it, When we got home my son drove it across the field and came back saying the check engine light was on again so we took it back to Diggers in Prior Lake this time. It was in the shop for TWO MORE WEEKS and green grass was already here by then so we stored it away ending the 08-09 season. Polaris called and gave us a free two year extended warranty for our troubles.

Mid summer we changed storage and we started the snowmobile up and the check engine light was on again so when snow fall came beginning the season of 09-10 we took it in to Lakeland Power Sports. He worked with Polaris to get it fixed, something with the waste gate on the turbo, TWO WEEKS in the shop, Lakeland said it was ready to go and he(Kevin the owner of Lakeland) went to back it out of shop and the check engine light came on again so he worked on it into the night to get it done for us as we were going on a club trip that weekend and this was on a Wednesday night, We picked the sled up on Thursday morning left it on the trailer and hauled it to where the club was having our get together and the mileage was 399 on the sled and before it hit 400 the light was on again...We still drove it but it would not go over 52 miles an hour so we just nursed it through the weekend until Saturday afternoon when at 430 miles the belt broke and wrapped up in the clutch, We loaded it on the trailer and ended our weekend
of riding. We took it to Lakeland on Tuesday when we got back. There was a bolt that fell out of the turbo and it was back ordered. TWO WEEKS it was in the shop the belt and clutch cleaning was $160.

Got it back and it was running quite well and was optimistic when it started to overheat and kill, We filled it with anti-freeze and ran it again, Then it overheated and check engine light came on again on Feb. 14th. We were on a ride that was 1.8 miles from our home and we ended up walking home, The odometer said 666(HOW TRUE)We took it back to Lakeland Power Sports that day and it still is not fixed as of today March 25 the riding season is all over and the snow is gone the only thing left is the bitter taste in my mouth toward Polaris.

We have called Polaris Industries so much that they just will say "Keep working with your dealer" and "What do you have to complain about we are fixing it for you" The dealer(Diggers)said they don't do buybacks and Polaris says the dealer is the one who has to buy it back they will not give us what we paid for it just what it is worth per trade in values (besides I will NEVER EVER own a Polaris again) which we feel is unfair as it has been a defective product from the first ride and it has been a different problem ever since, It is in the shop more than it is readily available for us to use and we feel it should be replaced or a full refund so we can buy something with a better reputation. A company that actually cares about the customer and doing the right thing as we feel like our hands are tied and can do nothing about this. I have friends and family that say we should call better business bureau and file a complaint with the MN. states attorneys office which I have paperwork coming to fill out.
We have contacted our lawyer and he said there is nothing in WI. stats that applies to snowmobiles...What should we do???

This has caused mental stress on my wife and I, gas money, wear and tear on my truck and trailer hauling it to the dealer every time it breaks down. Rental fees, Repair fees for something that should have never gone bad at that low of miles(belt). Phone time calling Diggers and Polaris Industries three times a week with them NEVER returning my messages. Not knowing if the snowmobile is going to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere WHEN it is not in the shop getting fixed!!

What would you experts do???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,299 Posts
I'd check your local(state) lemon laws. If you can prove you snowmobile was at the dealer being repaired for more days then what is allowed under the lemon law they have to buy it back from you providing there are no other restrictions, regulations etc...

If you think your vehicle may qualify for relief under the Wisconsin Lemon Law, and would like more information, contact the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Dealer Section at (608) 267-3635 or visit http://www.dot.state.wi.us
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
It's too bad when this happens because not only will Polaris probably lose a customer, the customer may switch brands and I think Poo has the best machine out there right now. They are both missing out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
It's too bad when this happens because not only will Polaris probably lose a customer, the customer may switch brands and I think Poo has the best machine out there right now. They are both missing out.
While most 800's are decent, your always asking for problems, especially when it has turbo. That sounds like a terrible experience, and I would probably want to hang Polaris out to dry as well. But this sort of thing happens when when we keep putting bigger and bigger engines in these machines and expect nothing to give. Do yourself a favor and buy a 600 IQ, you wont regret it, not to mention you won't have to go back to your dealer every two weeks. Large engines and Turbo = things busting. That is total BS how they treated you, but that is typical of a large company, especially one with record sales. I have ridden a few of the new models, and they are exceptional and reliable, but they are 600's. Who cares if someone with an 800 can go ten miles an hour faster, the only place for them is on a race track or on the mountains, for trail riding it is a waste of engine.
Cut your losses and get a 600, it may renew your trust in Polaris, although I would totally understand if you wanted to light their factory on fire. I will never buy an 800, unless I'm rich with money to light on fire. Seriously though that sucks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Hate to say it....But your going for a four stroke ,go Yamaha.They are the leaders in four stroke technology.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rock said:
Hate to say it....But your going for a four stroke ,go Yamaha.They are the leaders in four stroke technology.
Thanks for the input but your to late,I just bought a 09 Apex LTX,a new left over so I'm hoping we will end the trips to the repair shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sledneck1978 said:
It's too bad when this happens because not only will Polaris probably lose a customer, the customer may switch brands and I think Poo has the best machine out there right now. They are both missing out.
I would think that Polaris would want the sled back to see what is the problem(s) with it so they could get their engineers working on it to make changes to better the sleds of the future for better customer satisfaction!!

I already bought a Yamaha Apex LTX so Polaris has lost a faithful customer FOREVER, Besides me alot of my friends and club members that own Polaris have been following my problems and they are all rethinking their next purchases.
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
polarisrjunk said:
2008 Polaris FST "Cruiser"edition has been defective since the first ride and the dealer Diggers Polaris in Prior Lake MN along with Polaris Industries Inc. in Roseau, MN. will do nothing for us other than keep telling us to keep working with the dealer to get it fixed, Although everytime it breaks down it is something different every time.

My wife and daughter had it out on the first voyage and the check engine light came on(100miles)so we contacted a local dealership to check it out , So we we took it to that dealer, Lakeland Power Sports Clear Lake,WI.where the problem was not a quick hook up the computer and just clear the code and be on your way as that is what they had said it would be, It was in the shop for FIVE WEEKS having the motor completely removed and the wiring harness changed. The weeks it was laid up the club that we belong too had their yearly outing which of coarse we wanted to attend but the dealer we purchased it from(Diggers) would not give us a loaner and Polaris nor Diggers would pay for a rental. We did rent a snowmobile for the weekend at a cost of $300 that we paid, when we own a new snowmobile. The call came that it was done and ready to pick up so we went to get it, When we got home my son drove it across the field and came back saying the check engine light was on again so we took it back to Diggers in Prior Lake this time. It was in the shop for TWO MORE WEEKS and green grass was already here by then so we stored it away ending the 08-09 season. Polaris called and gave us a free two year extended warranty for our troubles.

Mid summer we changed storage and we started the snowmobile up and the check engine light was on again so when snow fall came beginning the season of 09-10 we took it in to Lakeland Power Sports. He worked with Polaris to get it fixed, something with the waste gate on the turbo, TWO WEEKS in the shop, Lakeland said it was ready to go and he(Kevin the owner of Lakeland) went to back it out of shop and the check engine light came on again so he worked on it into the night to get it done for us as we were going on a club trip that weekend and this was on a Wednesday night, We picked the sled up on Thursday morning left it on the trailer and hauled it to where the club was having our get together and the mileage was 399 on the sled and before it hit 400 the light was on again...We still drove it but it would not go over 52 miles an hour so we just nursed it through the weekend until Saturday afternoon when at 430 miles the belt broke and wrapped up in the clutch, We loaded it on the trailer and ended our weekend
of riding. We took it to Lakeland on Tuesday when we got back. There was a bolt that fell out of the turbo and it was back ordered. TWO WEEKS it was in the shop the belt and clutch cleaning was $160.

Got it back and it was running quite well and was optimistic when it started to overheat and kill, We filled it with anti-freeze and ran it again, Then it overheated and check engine light came on again on Feb. 14th. We were on a ride that was 1.8 miles from our home and we ended up walking home, The odometer said 666(HOW TRUE)We took it back to Lakeland Power Sports that day and it still is not fixed as of today March 25 the riding season is all over and the snow is gone the only thing left is the bitter taste in my mouth toward Polaris.

We have called Polaris Industries so much that they just will say "Keep working with your dealer" and "What do you have to complain about we are fixing it for you" The dealer(Diggers)said they don't do buybacks and Polaris says the dealer is the one who has to buy it back they will not give us what we paid for it just what it is worth per trade in values (besides I will NEVER EVER own a Polaris again) which we feel is unfair as it has been a defective product from the first ride and it has been a different problem ever since, It is in the shop more than it is readily available for us to use and we feel it should be replaced or a full refund so we can buy something with a better reputation. A company that actually cares about the customer and doing the right thing as we feel like our hands are tied and can do nothing about this. I have friends and family that say we should call better business bureau and file a complaint with the MN. states attorneys office which I have paperwork coming to fill out.
We have contacted our lawyer and he said there is nothing in WI. stats that applies to snowmobiles...What should we do???

This has caused mental stress on my wife and I, gas money, wear and tear on my truck and trailer hauling it to the dealer every time it breaks down. Rental fees, Repair fees for something that should have never gone bad at that low of miles(belt). Phone time calling Diggers and Polaris Industries three times a week with them NEVER returning my messages. Not knowing if the snowmobile is going to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere WHEN it is not in the shop getting fixed!!

What would you experts do???
ARE YOU ITERESTED IN SELLING SLED 586 7749110
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
BUGS said:
polarisrjunk said:
2008 Polaris FST "Cruiser"edition has been defective since the first ride and the dealer Diggers Polaris in Prior Lake MN along with Polaris Industries Inc. in Roseau, MN. will do nothing for us other than keep telling us to keep working with the dealer to get it fixed, Although everytime it breaks down it is something different every time.

My wife and daughter had it out on the first voyage and the check engine light came on(100miles)so we contacted a local dealership to check it out , So we we took it to that dealer, Lakeland Power Sports Clear Lake,WI.where the problem was not a quick hook up the computer and just clear the code and be on your way as that is what they had said it would be, It was in the shop for FIVE WEEKS having the motor completely removed and the wiring harness changed. The weeks it was laid up the club that we belong too had their yearly outing which of coarse we wanted to attend but the dealer we purchased it from(Diggers) would not give us a loaner and Polaris nor Diggers would pay for a rental. We did rent a snowmobile for the weekend at a cost of $300 that we paid, when we own a new snowmobile. The call came that it was done and ready to pick up so we went to get it, When we got home my son drove it across the field and came back saying the check engine light was on again so we took it back to Diggers in Prior Lake this time. It was in the shop for TWO MORE WEEKS and green grass was already here by then so we stored it away ending the 08-09 season. Polaris called and gave us a free two year extended warranty for our troubles.

Mid summer we changed storage and we started the snowmobile up and the check engine light was on again so when snow fall came beginning the season of 09-10 we took it in to Lakeland Power Sports. He worked with Polaris to get it fixed, something with the waste gate on the turbo, TWO WEEKS in the shop, Lakeland said it was ready to go and he(Kevin the owner of Lakeland) went to back it out of shop and the check engine light came on again so he worked on it into the night to get it done for us as we were going on a club trip that weekend and this was on a Wednesday night, We picked the sled up on Thursday morning left it on the trailer and hauled it to where the club was having our get together and the mileage was 399 on the sled and before it hit 400 the light was on again...We still drove it but it would not go over 52 miles an hour so we just nursed it through the weekend until Saturday afternoon when at 430 miles the belt broke and wrapped up in the clutch, We loaded it on the trailer and ended our weekend
of riding. We took it to Lakeland on Tuesday when we got back. There was a bolt that fell out of the turbo and it was back ordered. TWO WEEKS it was in the shop the belt and clutch cleaning was $160.

Got it back and it was running quite well and was optimistic when it started to overheat and kill, We filled it with anti-freeze and ran it again, Then it overheated and check engine light came on again on Feb. 14th. We were on a ride that was 1.8 miles from our home and we ended up walking home, The odometer said 666(HOW TRUE)We took it back to Lakeland Power Sports that day and it still is not fixed as of today March 25 the riding season is all over and the snow is gone the only thing left is the bitter taste in my mouth toward Polaris.

We have called Polaris Industries so much that they just will say "Keep working with your dealer" and "What do you have to complain about we are fixing it for you" The dealer(Diggers)said they don't do buybacks and Polaris says the dealer is the one who has to buy it back they will not give us what we paid for it just what it is worth per trade in values (besides I will NEVER EVER own a Polaris again) which we feel is unfair as it has been a defective product from the first ride and it has been a different problem ever since, It is in the shop more than it is readily available for us to use and we feel it should be replaced or a full refund so we can buy something with a better reputation. A company that actually cares about the customer and doing the right thing as we feel like our hands are tied and can do nothing about this. I have friends and family that say we should call better business bureau and file a complaint with the MN. states attorneys office which I have paperwork coming to fill out.
We have contacted our lawyer and he said there is nothing in WI. stats that applies to snowmobiles...What should we do???

This has caused mental stress on my wife and I, gas money, wear and tear on my truck and trailer hauling it to the dealer every time it breaks down. Rental fees, Repair fees for something that should have never gone bad at that low of miles(belt). Phone time calling Diggers and Polaris Industries three times a week with them NEVER returning my messages. Not knowing if the snowmobile is going to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere WHEN it is not in the shop getting fixed!!

What would you experts do???
ARE YOU ITERESTED IN SELLING SLED 586 7749110
what do u know that somebody DOESNT know? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
There is a reason why i buy old tripple tripples. They are easy to work on and there are a shitload of parts for them as well as a huge wealth of knowledge about them if you get stuck. Besides, they are heavy,"loud" and extremely fast. A good running trip will kick ass on twins all day in 1000ft and top end runns. Talking two strokes.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top