Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a93 XLT that I put reverse on, it came with a 40th bottom gear. I tried to install my stock top gear of 21th, chain was too tight, had to go to a 20 top gear with the 66 pitch chain. stock (21/39) now have 20/40 combination. If you look at the Polaris chart it shows a 21/40 ratio as not being acceptable or not recommended. You will have to use a 68pitch chain for the 21/40. WHY is this not recommended? Will it fit in the chain case okay? 21/40 isn't as low as 20/40 would be. Anybody have any answers?--Thanks--Mike

·
Registered
807 Posts
Mike,

You may be best to try here as we must be a bunch of dumbass's because you keep asking same crap every other day. www.hardcoresledder.com

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You can't just change one tooth, you have to either go up one on one side and down on the other or stay the same. Example: you can't have a 21/40, the chain won't fit right but you can have a 19/41 or 21/39 or 20/40.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinksno said:
Mike,

You may be best to try here as we must be a bunch of dumbass's because you keep asking same crap every other day. www.hardcoresledder.com
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
You can't just change one tooth, you have to either go up one on one side and down on the other or stay the same. Example: you can't have a 21/40, the chain won't fit right but you can have a 19/41 or 21/39 or 20/40.
I dropped one tooth on my XC 700. people do it all the time. he just needs a longer chain.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
polarisorbust said:
ArcticCatZR800 said:
I dropped one tooth on my XC 700. people do it all the time. he just needs a longer chain.
Yes, you can do it if you change the chain but if you keep the same chain you have to move both sides evenly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts