Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard this morning that polaris has placed an offer on the table to by ski-doo/sea-doo..
that would be a bit unsettling to us yeller guys. good news for polaris fans though, a red rev.....hmmmmmm. but, as they say, if you can't beat 'em----buy 'em....ha ha ha[:D]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. However, I don't even think Polaris has enough cash to purchase ski-doo. I have no doubt they would have enough to buy Arctic Cat, but not ski-doo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3830859.html

Thought this would be helpful.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Sweet. I hope they go through with it, this will be interesting indeed! Better not let honda get ahold of that company.

·
Registered
502 Posts
it's a smart business move on polaris part. considering Ski-Doo knocked polaris off their perch at #1. Serves Polaris right for not making anything new except graphics and detuned motors.
Personally I think Ski-Doo has stepped up considerably and Polaris has become complacent in their ways.
But like Erick said I don't think they have enough money to buy SD.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amen foo, i would love to see polaris own them over honda. the very thought makes me all teary eyed. i'm a little veklempt.....talk amonst yourselves..........[V][V]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Well, it does sound like they have 1.5 Billion laying around in cash and would have no trouble getting loans.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Honda get into the snowmobile biz. They don't do anything half-ass, and they've got the money and facilities for R&D.

I've got a 20 year honda magna with 65,000 miles on her. She can to this day still kill any american made Hardely costing under $20k.

Wheather it's anything from cars to bikes to whatever, Honda always brings a solid machine to the table.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
From what I can see, I would rather honda took them over also. We as consumers benifit from competition. Besides, i've heard polaris really dicks around their dealers.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
That would be so awsome...GO POLARIS..OR HONDA

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I just heard that John Deere really wants to buy Ski-Doo. I am pretty sure they are the ones that will end up with it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
A source at my honda dealer told me that last summer they had plans and even started a prototype of a ad boiven snow bike design. The motor they opted for was a 600 cbr in line four.(fourstroke). That would be wild.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
foo, i'm going with the '05 ski-doo spitfire, how 'bout you, trailfire or liquifire.........[:)]

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hope polaris doesn't buy SD. IMO it would almost ruin the competition market cause then Polaris would own basically half of the market share. That's not good for us the consumer down the road.
I've also heard and actually know a few dealers around here that have been bent over by polaris and their dealer program the last few years. But I think everyone is like that to some degree due to the low snow over 3 years.
I think honda buying skidoo would be the best thing, followed by John Deere. I don't know that John Deere would be too good seeing as how they couldn't stay in the market before but hey anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how can anyone want honda to buy an american built icon such as ski-doo!!!!! i mean, good god, were is the loyalty man.. the very thought makes my liver quiver.. i better go lie down[:(][:(]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Id just assume skidoo keeps its own..If polaris bought SD their wouldnt be as much compitition and they could jack the prices up higher..I would also rather have honda buy SD then john deere..It just wouldnt be right since im a farmer to see my sled made by the same brand as my combine/tractor..IMO

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yes, but John Deere makes some kick-a$$ riding lawnmowers. Some of the best built, IMO. It would make sence for JD to buy them... They already have dealerships to sell their farm equipment throughout the world, it would be quite easy to distribute snowmobiles too. Plus, farmers and country folk buy lots of ATV's and snowmobile type transportation to get around all the land they own...and to have fun too....like me. AND, most JD dealers that i've been to ALREADY sell lots of ATV's and Sleds of all brands. It would be a smart choice by John Deere, IMO. And i'm sure they have enough money to do so.

If they don't, then i hope Ski-doo keeps it's own. If Polaris bought them, they would become a monopoly of the snowmobile market, and you're right........that is not good for us consumers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts