Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at swapping helix's in my triumph. It came with a R-32 helix from polaris. In my manual, polaris also sells a R-8 helix. My question is, what is the difference between these two helixes. They are both listed as a 50-34 degree helix. I'm sure one is cut a little different than the other, but how am i supposed to know what the difference is.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I thought the R-32 had a longer 50 than the r-8.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The R8 (more aggresive) has the longer 50 degree than the R32.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Mine came with the R-8 stock, and a 50-34 progrressive will have an even longer 50 I believe. I went to an epi progressive 50-34 and noticed a gain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
try a 50/36 you well shift slower but you you well see the inprovement off your sled try that 50/34 its two steap for your sled i use that on my xcr 700

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
a 50/36 will shift harder.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
My question is are you looking to gain some thing or are you looking ot just experiment by changing to a 50-34? Also if you want one I have one I'm willing to let go of.[:I]

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the epi kit i bought for my sled never worked quite right. I'm in the process of mixing and matching some of the OEM parts with the EPI stuff to see if i can gain anything. I'm down about 500+ rpm on WOT, and i've actually lost ground to the OEM stuff. So I figured I'd try to mix and match some parts here and see what i can do before i go and buy another kit. The R-32 i spoke of earlier came with my sled originally and i was just curious as to what the difference was. I think I'll pick up some of the RPM i've lost with the old helix reinstalled.

EPI doesnt put part numbers or any ID on their helix's so i dont really know what i have there, but from my closest guess its either a straight 36 degree helix or a straight 34 degree helix. I guess I'm just going to start swapping to see what i can come up with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts