Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we got a 1991 polaris indy 500..bored out .40 0ver with a inch lug and inch and 3/8 stud with a new cluth and front gas shocks...(my sled) ahahahah anyways..I got these friends of mine that own a couple other sleds like it that want to race me across the lake. One is a 1989 polaris indy 500 and the other is a 2000 polaris indy 5oo xcsp...Now who do u think will win? My chances of winning will be very high i think...considering my engine was just rebuilt last year...yeeha let it rip....

·
Registered
274 Posts
two words for ya
variable exaust.....

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Sorry Fassel Man,

My Indy 500 wont even hold a candle to the wife's XC 500 and it doesnt even have the variable exhaust. Now if you weigh a lot less than the other rider's you probably have a chance.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
2 more words... "reed induction"

You've got yerself a piston port inducted 488 Fuji with roundslide carbs,
and the XC SP is a reed inducted full 500 Liberty VES with flatslides.
Sorry bud...not even with KY on your skis.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Considering the 2000-2001 XC 500 SPs around here run dead even with F5s I would say you are in for some disappointment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
not even with KY on your skis.
lmao

if the indy was rode by a 100lbs dude, with a clutch kit and 500 studs maybe....it would be close

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
If you add NOS to your '91 488, then you'd have a race,
and fun race to watch too.

BTW...what happens to nitrous oxide and below freezing, does it still work?

I wonder if a set of twin pipes, and nice light can would help?

·
Registered
115 Posts
these guys are on the money. I'm sure your sled is a damn fine example of the old Fuji, but those Liberty stoves are just awesome strong. I don't think it'll be close after the initial launch and scrabble for traction.

500fasenuf: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!!! KY!

You're killing me man....LOL

Later guys

Pneuman

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys its gonna be hard to beat the liberty motor but u forget that the sled is bored out...more horsepower...but yea i think i might get toasted by it
and only by it....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok..we have another couple of sleds that wants to race me...in the 500 cc race..its a 1996 articat zr or something like that....hes goin down.....one of my friends friends.... and a 1995 yamaha v-max 500,thats alot of 500's hey anybody got a good race like this one about to go on? let me know...and if ya want a pic of my sled....ill email it to ya..just email me at t_fassell.net and let me know...thanks Taylor

·
Registered
274 Posts
come up to ny got 3 500s,that could toast ya.... haha

02 edge x 500sp 144 down the middle + other goodies
98 indy 500 144 down the middle + other goodies
94 vmax 500 + other goodies

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Fassel Man,

The last two sleds might be a closer match for you if they are stock. Your boring isnt adding a ton of horsepower.. I am guessing 2 H.P. at most... I got a couple of 500's, My 1990 500 couldnt beat most newer 440's. It's got a little clutch work. Just speakin the facts, you will be close with the Cat and the Yamaha because their age.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
my 91 XCR 440 @452cc beat two XLTs of the same vintage. I was suprized. I figured I'd get him out of the hole, but I got him all the way accross the lake. I dunno what the deal was with the 2 sleds.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
^^Rippered,

My XLT hardly pulls away from 440's. I think a lot of it is the Xtr-12 suspension. The triples also take a little while to spool up the power... I love my XLT but a racer it is not.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea well this will be some race becouse that 2000 polaris indy xcsp 500 has some wierd suspenion problems and my dad's polaris indy 650 tripple roasted it. Any ways...i got these kids i gotto school with and they have a 1988 ski-doo formula mx 488 or something like that...hes gonna be eatin my dust...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea i believe you ripperd2...Those 440 xcr's are nasty...i rode one and i couldnt keep the front end down...and they handle so nicely, I still would like to race ya and see what happens..

·
Registered
274 Posts
double negative lol
cant keep the skis down, but it handled good!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts