Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have a opportunity to get a spanking deal on a 2008 Polaris IQ 600rr. The sled is trail converted with low comp heads, and it was never raced. Currently I am on a Pro X that is almost out the door, so I have the advantage of jumping it sky high, or jumping on the trail. Now, obviously we know that IQ's can go sky high because Paul Thacker's 300 foot jump and Levi Lavalle's double back flip has showed us that, but is it comfy on the trails? This is the question I just don't have an answer to.

I am the type of rider who loves a nice day to fly down the trails, but when it comes to getting your track off the ground, I love it. I am on a 2003 Pro X 440 L/C, and once I tried an MXZ X RS, I knew I had to get something a little bit more Sno X inspired, and since I hate Ski Doo and all their techno gizmoes, I considered the IQ. I am fairly short, only 5' 6" (subject to change, probably will be 5' 11" next Winter at this rate :]) and the IQ does not look like the most comfy thing for sitting down and kicking back on the trail, so I am asking you! Is the IQr suitable for being a boondocking hard core trail sled?[confused]

· Registered
889 Posts
There have been a bunch of topics about this within the past 2 weeks. The IQR is not a good trail riding sled. The seat is very hard and even with the shocks revalved they are still very high centered, thus making cornering difficult. Can they be trail ridden? Yes. Are they a sled you want to do a 200 mile day of trails on? No.

Chad

· Registered
4,306 Posts
There was just a topic asking if the IQr was a good trail sled....and I think you posted in it.

On another note, the IQrr was sold straight to consumers as a NON RACE sled, pump gas friendly, softer shocks and oil tank. It IS NOT the same as the 600 IQr! The RR's intended use is for ditch banging and offtrail riding.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
braaapkid said:
I have a opportunity to get a spanking deal on a 2008 Polaris IQ 600rr. The sled is trail converted with low comp heads, and it was never raced. ]
The RR is trail converted from the factory,the R is not. Your ProX will be a better trail sled then the RR will be for long rides.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
I have a opportunity to get a spanking deal on a 2008 Polaris IQ 600rr. The sled is trail converted with low comp heads, and it was never raced. ]
The RR is trail converted from the factory,the R is not. Your ProX will be a better trail sled then the RR will be for long rides.
only thing thats different is tank an oil injection correct?

· Registered
2,107 Posts
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
different valving in the shocks, Different track, i believe the gearing is different possibly clutching, Oil injection and oil tank. I forget what else

· Registered
1,405 Posts
MX86 said:
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
different valving in the shocks, Different track, i believe the gearing is different possibly clutching, Oil injection and oil tank. I forget what else

ya true all easy fixes all my shocks were re-valved for free an im not sure what im going to do for gearing

· Registered
1,422 Posts
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
The 08 and newer "R"s have the 600 too.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Polaristhewayout said:
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
Yes they are 2 different motors. The RR has the consumer 600HO and the R has the race motor built off the 800cfi bottom end. The R has about 10hp+/- over the HO.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
RMK-KING said:
Polaristhewayout said:
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
The 08 and newer "R"s have the race[/color=red] 600 too.

Yes they are 2 different motors. The RR has the consumer 600HO and the R has the race motor built off the 800cfi bottom end. The R has about 10hp+/- over the HO.

o yeah, my bad, when I modified I forgot to put the word "race" in my post right before 600, I added it in red now though.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
snowmobileguy said:
How much are they asking for it?
lol I am afraid if I tell you that you guys might scoop it up your selves! lol

Mad-Boondocker said:
yeah those iq seats are a hard and they are king of a ball slapper sometimes
I never sit down and my longest trail ride is maximum 75 miles.

· Registered
2,945 Posts
Polaristhewayout said:
bj.hardy said:
RMK-KING said:
braaapkid said:
The IQr and IQ rr have different engines. IQr has the race engine. IQ rr has the 600 Ho consumer engine. It's not a trail converted IQr because its a different engine. And I hear how they set up the IQ rr its not a bad trail sled at all. It's the trail converted race sleds that seem to be more rigid. That's what I read tho I've never ridden one.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
the iqr motors are supposed to be really good motors, reliable and tons of power and torque

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Polaristhewayout said:
don't hold it WOT for any more than 10-15 seconds i would say.^^^
yea, i would think re-jetting would help with that, any opps?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.