Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have listed below some sled i am looking at to buy. i hate to get rid of my prox2 but i think its time to let it go now and update. so i have a few questions about some of the iq's i am looking at. i know that the new motors are having problems right? like a lot of recals? and for each one is there anything i should look out for? or know about? i basicly just want to know the pro's and con's. and one of the biggest questions i guess i have is will they stand up to the hardcore ditchbanging and jumping that my pro x2 did?

List of sleds i am looking at:

- Polaris iqr ( i dont have any questions about the sled tho, i have reaserched and heard enough to know that it will be my #1 choice if i cand find one in good shape for the right price)

- Dragon (or dragon SP) 600,700 and 800

- and the IQ 600, 700 or 800

Thanks for the info and help,
Nick

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
whats your price on an iqr?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ok, here we go.

First off, the recall difference between an IQ, and a Dragon is none.
The motor to watch out for is the 800 CFI, but they're still pretty dang good if its got all the updates. Then the motor rips. The 700 and 600 CFI's are relativly problem free, there are some odd cases here and there but as long as the updates are done, your golden.

I would reccomend a Dragon before an Iq simply because the Dragons come with much better shocks.

There is so much more I could say, if you have any more specific questions ask away.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
try and stay away from air 2.0 ive herd/witnessed nothing but problems and unhappy owners

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
bj.hardy said:
try and stay away from air 2.0 ive herd/witnessed nothing but problems and unhappy owners
Those shocks are complete garbage, might be good for your lawn mower if it rides too plush stock.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Dragon700 said:
bj.hardy said:
Those shocks are complete garbage, might be good for your lawn mower if it rides too plush stock.
brothernlaw had them on his dragon, he bought brand new walker evans for this season... he had them redone 5 times last season in 2500 miles..

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay thanks, umm yah if i can think of more questions ill ask. i am looking to spend no more that 6 grand on a sled. right now i am talking to a guy about a 2006 iqr 440 that is trail converted. is there anything i should watch out for on this sled?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
fox440 said:
okay thanks, umm yah if i can think of more questions ill ask. i am looking to spend no more that 6 grand on a sled. right now i am talking to a guy about a 2006 iqr 440 that is trail converted. is there anything i should watch out for on this sled?

for 6 i might let my 08 600r trail converted go, fyi,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bj.hardy said:
fox440 said:

oh really? [:D] could you tell me everything about it? do you have some pics of it?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
fox440 said:
bj.hardy said:
fox440 said:

oh really? [:D] could you tell me everything about it? do you have some pics of it?

well right now its apart, i added some pics a while a go, shoot me a pm if your serious, i am located in appleton

·
Registered
848 Posts
Damn, too bad you weren't looking earlier. I just saw a 2006 600 RR trail converted go for $4500 in my area. If you have got 6K to spend then you should be able to find a decent 600 RR, unless your going for a 440.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no to tell you the truth i dont want a 440, i would rather have a 600, but if id get a 440 id sell the 440 motor and swap in an 800 [thumb]

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bames said:
That works too haha
haha dam right [thumb] but say, how do you like your 600? any problems with it so far?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Bames said:
Damn, too bad you weren't looking earlier. I just saw a 2006 600 RR trail converted go for $4500 in my area. If you have got 6K to spend then you should be able to find a decent 600 RR, unless your going for a 440.
Technically the RR was only made in 08, you mean an iqr trail converted. Don't mean to be a dick just letting you know.

·
Registered
848 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
Bames said:
Technically the RR was only made in 08, you mean an iqr trail converted. Don't mean to be a dick just letting you know.
Not being a dick by any means. Thanks for letting me know I guess I never really looked into it, but now i know.
fox440 said:
Bames said:
That works too haha
haha dam right [thumb] but say, how do you like your 600? any problems with it so far?
Absolutely none so far, granted I've only put on 600 mi since I bought it last year. It's a great sled in my opinion, and affordable for my budget, but I think the Dragon package is worth it if you have the cash. The engine is a champ too, probably the most reliable and powerful 600 when it came out, and still is great. And I would love to own an iqr, but they are expensive... too bad they didn't mass produce them when they first came out.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bj.hardy said:
fox440 said:
bj.hardy said:
fox440 said:

well right now its apart, i added some pics a while a go, shoot me a pm if your serious, i am located in appleton
pm sent [thumb]

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Find an IQ 600 carbed and you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
800 in an r is a 5g project on its own to do it right. The steering hoop is a major setback with an 800. Did you ever get to ride tony's 440 while he had it, not really sure if you would like the way it rides on the trail. The iq is a very good setup, but for 6k you can buy a leftover etec.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
Bames said:
Thank You! I am the Nazi of the IQR names.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts