Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these be adapted to older Polaris sleds with the proper wiring harness? I understand some things like PERC and DET will not work properly just wondering if anyone knows if they will work?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
How old of a sled are we talking here? Also, are you talking about the MFD (Multi-Function Display)?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99 xcr...and yes the MFD...So far only issue i can see is the ECU...probably be too much of a pain anyway...

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
You need the complete harness from the 600 HO. The MFD uses some AC current and some DC current for various functions. The engine also need a thermistor not just a hot switch in order for the MFD to read engine temp. The HO harness has the capability of supplying all the necessary inputs. The only other harnesses that can do that are the CFI harnesses.
Unless you can get the HO harness with all the components the MFD will not work.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much of a project would it be to adapt to the motor itself? I'd def change out the temp sensor in the motor, one of the reasons i like the MFD... I'm just worried about the ECU, because its not a plug in style, it runs into the coils and the stator...

I was kind of hoping you'd reply erick, do you know any differences between a standard xc/edge driveshaft and the IQ one as far as fitment is concerned? Thanks

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I was thinking of putting that same gauge cluster on my 600RR and between Erick and MNSLEDNECK they told me what was needed. MNSLEDNECK actually had a IQR with it done. Looked bad ass.

Here ya go, found a pic of his old sled...pretty trick if you ask me....

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
For the MFD to work you need the HO CDI, Engine harness,Chassis and hood harness.
If you want the speedo to work you also need the encoder and mount from the drive shaft as the MFD used a digital reading for speed instead of a cable.
The whole system works together.
You can not take part of an older system and hook it together with the newer system.
Also the thermistor has a different thread pitch than the older temp switch. The thermistor needs the correct head to go with it or else some sort of adapter the convert the thread pitch.
This sounds like a lot of parts and it is so if you want this system be prepared to round up everything needed or else there is no point in starting.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did i mention I wanted to adapt to an XCR 800? Triple...So there goes this idea, time to find a racepak! Thanks for the help fellas...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts