Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sled is getting up there in miles and I am looking to upgrade. I am torn between an IQRR and a Dragon 600 or 800. I ride too hard for my suspension now and i know the RR can handle the rough riding and the dragon has walker evens shocks so I'm thinking they are better than the fox PPS shocks i have on my fusion now. The dragon is probably more reliable but I'm looking for some input from you guys before I pull the trigger on upgrading to either sled.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Reliability here depends more on which Dragon you are putting up against the IQrr, which was only produced in 2008. If it is the 800 Dragon, nearly 99% of the time the 2008 600rr will be more reliable. The 600 Dragon is the same engine just CFI as the IQrr is a carbed 600 HO like your Fusion. Now if your talking about the IQr with the 600r engine that replaced the 440 race sled in 2008, through to the current race sleds, then we get into a whole new bunch of variables.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the difference between the R and RR and specifically only want an RR. I see one on craigslist that i could probably pick up for around 5 grand

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I wouldn't consider the Walker Evans shocks to be better than the Fox shocks, but that's my opinion based off my own experience. A 600 Dragon won't be a whole lot different than what you have now. I mean the steering will be lighter making it handle better, no need to choke it to cold start, different plastic, alternative shock package, etc is really all that is different.

If your looking for different the RR is the way to go, if your looking for something similar with some updates and fewer miles the Dragon is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
If you like comfort.....The IQrr is probably not the best choice. The seat is rock hard if you set down much. You also have limited fuel tank size options to 10.5 plus aux. The RR comes with a 8.8. I have that plus a flat 3 gallon Aux. tank. Also stock RR needs a wider ski stance to be a top notch trail sled.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To adjust the ski stance, would it be new a-arms that are longer. Does it need this because the sled can be rather tippy on trails?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts