Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys i can only get my 03 sks 700 up to 110 on a 1/4 mile strip according to speedo,i got my 97 spx 680 up to 111 on the same strip whats the deal?is my sks just slower or is it all in the clutching?im clueless when it somes to clutching issues so which would be my best setup for speed?i dont wanna loose any bottom end either want the best of both worlds...also i got about 85 miles to the tank of gas which is 11.8 gallons is this good?i dont like it much..i run 92 gas with the premium switch on any help would be appreciated..thanks

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Keep in mind your throwing alot more track around, generally longtracks will suffer in top-end for it.
85 miles to a tank sounds about right for a 700.
There are guys on here who can give you a hand with clutch kits that will help your Snow King get it's legs.
Speedo could be out too, were you running paralel with the 680?
But that thing is built for deeper stuff, get out into it, and throw her around, If you can find some where you are.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was running the spx earlier in the season,it had dynoport pipes on it and v-force reeds not sure on clutching or gears that sled was very impressive on power anyway the ride sucked[:D]when i ran down the 1/4 mile with the spx it was warmer out than when i ran the sks pretty much same snow conditions and the same direction

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Why did you go SKS if you wanted to go flat out?
Or do you also ride cross country as well?
An 800 XCR would give you the topend you are craving, and smoother to boot(with reguards to vibration at high speed).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love the sks it sucks up the bumps like they arent even there,i ride all different conditions so i figured the sks would be the best choice.the 17 inch rear travel caught my eye the most i think,how can you beat that for sucking up the bumps or for deep riding??i just figured the new 700's would easily beat the 680 no matter what size track

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
start playing with gears and clutching and the 680 will be so far in front it wouldnt even be a contest anymore.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I don't know how important this is with a brand spank'in new sled,
but you can spend alot on aftermarket stuff like reeds and pipes, etc.
There was a guy on here over the summer talking about the bucks he spent on his sleds over the years, only to have them run awesome, but only in certain conditions. Now he runs his sleds bone stock to run good in any conditions.
All stock sleds are a compromise and are built that way, (well with a few acceptions like the Pro-X's, and Vertical Edge's).
The SKS is the king of the all around sleds, I'd love to have one.
Enjoy...K

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How fast do you need to go? Are you trying to get up enough speed to leave this dimension or what? lol

Of course this is coming from a guy who's just hoping to get his sled back for the weekend so I can ride it ONCE before I put it away for the year. I'm not bitter really.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yeah i guess it better to be able to go a hundred than not being able to go at all[:D] i dont know im not really complaining about the spped of the sled just was hoping it would keep up to the spx,oh well maybe ill be happy if i can just get it to accelarate quicker i plan on sinking some money into it on pipes and clutching and such i guess ill see whay happens

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I am sure that guys like Hot Seat and Erhlandson, etc, will thank you for the business, go spend it man, it's great to support the aftermarket guys, and it's good for the ecomony too.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it looks like i wont be putting any goodies into the sled this week[:(]i just blew the motor in my truck again,the worst part about it is i just put the motor from my other truck in it a month ago[:(!] and of cource just like the last time im in the middle of doing a big roof for a home owner and i need the truck to haul all my equipment to the job site..and of cource my damn garage is to full to fit my truck in there,looks like ill be changing it once again in the freezing cold weather..im about to go back to a horse and carriage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts