Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering what jetting I would have to do on my twin indy for the twin pipes I just got for it, I am not worried about the clutching right now so if someone could let me know what I have to do for just the jets.

I believe I just have to go up a few sizes on the main and then work from their but do I need to adjust the pilot or needle at all???

Please let me know I don't feel like blowing up my sled.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
it would help to know model of sled and brand of pipes, i would contact the maker of the pipes and get there tunning specs. but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm with madcow on this one, we need to know what the sled is and what brand of pipes, with that info someone on here could very well point you in the direction you need to be going.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Diddo above. Looks like you're a 400 Indy fan by your posts. Year, Make, Model, and type of carb (Keihn, Mikuni, etc), and riding style go a long way in getting these boys fired up and turn light switch of Knowledge on

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
x4.. Call the manufacturer and get the correct specs for everything at once, no guesswork or bad info.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
polaris1man said:
Diddo above. Looks like you're a 400 Indy fan by your posts. Year, Make, Model, and type of carb (Keihn, Mikuni, etc), and riding style go a long way in getting these boys fired up and turn light switch of Knowledge on
Hey I have a 92 indy 400, mikini carbs and pro-5 twin pipes, I already tried the manufacturer and they didt get back to me and that was a while ago so could anyone help me. I know it just a 400 but I want the sound and it will add a little bit of boost. I go on maybe 2 trail rides a year other than that its usually riding if for an hour or two around my 40 acres, Nothing major. I think all I have do is up the main jet size about 3 then just work from their but Im really not sure?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Check on the manufactures website, usually you can find a place where they have tunning spec's or installation "How to's" that can provide the info you need to get in a ball park of the right jetting then you can just fine tune it yourself accordingly.

EDIT: Usually with pipes you have to increase fuel with just the main jet, but some require changes the the piolet jet and the needle as well. Best to find someone that knows something about the brand and what is required for the tune.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
biro753 said:
polaris1man said:
Hey I have a 92 indy 400, mikini carbs and pro-5 twin pipes, I already tried the manufacturer and they didt get back to me and that was a while ago so could anyone help me. I know it just a 400 but I want the sound and it will add a little bit of boost. I go on maybe 2 trail rides a year other than that its usually riding if for an hour or two around my 40 acres, Nothing major. I think all I have do is up the main jet size about 3 then just work from their but Im really not sure?
Well now that we know what kind of sled your dealing with and the given pipes I would go up 2-3 sizes on the main jets and test from there and start monitoring the piston wash and plug color, chances are the reason Pro 5 has not gotten back to you on your request is that those pipes are so old they probably don't have the info anymore or its too much of a bother for them to spend the time trying to find it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Go up 3-4 sizes on the mains, good luck with them. Adjust your clutching as well if you want to make use of the extra few ponies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts