Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

A friend of mine has a Polaris that goes through spark plugs waaayy too fast. He said that they look normal, but that they quit working. He is replacing plugs almost every time he goes out.

Any thoughts on what his problem could be?

Also, I read somewhere online (or at least thought I did!) that you can buy a kit that splices your spark plug wires if you need extra length, or if you have to repair a broken wire ... anyone know about this? I thought it was at DennisKirk.com, but I cannot find anything there.

TIA for your help.

CJ

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey

NGK makes a wire splicer to extend or put new wires on. They work pretty good actually just be sure there in a safe spot, because they just work like the plug boots, with the screw ends. As for your friend using plugs like there going outta style, maybe he's running too hot??? Or what brand is he using, maybe another brand is better or he's got the wrong plug number. I had a john deere that i could go awhile on theses plugs but then they were no good, i did this untill i got the right number!!!

Hope I helped ya!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah, try a different plug temp, then brand. If I remember right they should run Champ (R)N2C's or NGK B(R)9ES's. Nippondenso also makes a good plug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts