Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of these kits,Its a push button pad that hooks into your electrical system that wont let it rev up to engage the clutch.Some friends had two sleds ripped off in Wis last year .Maybe this would be good security. Any info ?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have never tried that but I have a buddy that uses the one that blocks the throttle, it is red and uses a paddalock. I use 2 long rubber coated cables and lock mine together. If they want them bad enough they will find away to take them

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I use a thick cable lock through the rear skid and ski loops. Lock it to the trailer, a tree, or telephone pole... whatever is handy. They may get it, but I won't make it easy for them. If our sleds are sitting side by side, mine is locked and yours isn't, mine will be there in the morning [:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
Originally posted by Garceau
[br]Most get picked up and put into a pick up truck or trailer anyways....not near the noise.
I agree, most people that take them load them up, not ride them.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I've seen a couple of the electronics security kits on Ebay recently. However, looking them up (by part # listed on Ebay), www.purepolaris.com shows that they are for '01 - '02 with TPS only. I guess if your sled falls into that category, you'd be fine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
well most of the time im not concerned of my sled begin stolen its the punk A$$ kids who pore stuff into gas tanks like soda or sugar. Even though i am i kid i hate most the kids my age because all they do is go around trying to be cool and wreck stuff it gets really annoying when u have to be the one to fix it all the time! [:(!]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts