Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to remove the oil injection system on an 01 700 XCSP non ves engine. I've removed the reed cages and verified that I do have the holes drilled in the case for bottom end bearing lubrication. Has anybody run into problems running premix gas on these particular engines?

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
You will want to get the close off plate to cover the spot where the oil pump sits now.

You will want to run a drip bottle to the oil inlets that lube the 2 main bearings.

And then you will want to run a mod throttle cable that does not leave the oil line just hanging out to catch things.
Don't just cut it off either as it will frey out and cause things to stick open.

Don't forget to drain all of your gas out before adding in the pre-mix

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sounds like more of a pain that it is worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Student Driver
[br]You will want to get the close off plate to cover the spot where the oil pump sits now.

You will want to run a drip bottle to the oil inlets that lube the 2 main bearings.

And then you will want to run a mod throttle cable that does not leave the oil line just hanging out to catch things.
Don't just cut it off either as it will frey out and cause things to stick open.

Don't forget to drain all of your gas out before adding in the pre-mix
I've already uprgraded the throttle cables and installed the block off plate. As far as the drip bottle goes, do I just use an oil injection bottle and connect the two hoses to it? Do I need to add a restrictor to the nipple on the oil tank so that the oil doesn't just run into the crank case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts