Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i found in those years they made very few because when i wanted pipes i looked so hard to find pipes for my 95 indy 500 and never did find any until right after i sold the sled keep looking on ebay good luck maybe someone has a set

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The reason it's so hard to find pipes for the 500 motor is because nobody made any pipes that worked better then the stock single pipe.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I had set of SLP twins once. They are RARE. When I sold them at $125, people were knocking down my door trying to buy it. I realized I let them go very cheap with such a low supply and high demand.
I think AAEN also made pipes for the 500, but don't quote me

201071092218975_23360.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The only way you can get the twin pipes to work better than the stock single pipe is to make sure u jet and clutch the sled. if you don't then yes the stock pipe is better.

i wish i could find a set for $125 bucks!!

Yes aaen makes a pipe for them but they were single pipes and not twins.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
PSI also made twin pipes for the old 488 fuji liquid twin back in the day, Aaen will make you pipes for just about anything as long as you willing to pay for them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked with Aaen and they will only make a single pipe for it. I want twin pipes. I might just get a newer set for like a 600 twin and mod them to work.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm getting a single aaen pipe for my 500 this week. trade for a 22 rifle.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
PSI also made a single pipe back then. Sounded pretty sick! My brothers 89 Indy had one. Good luck on the search! And yes, DG DOES make a single pipe and can for the Indy 500's.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
BadAss_racing66 said:
I talked with Aaen and they will only make a single pipe for it. I want twin pipes. [highlight=red]I might just get a newer set for like a 600 twin and mod them to work[/highlight=red].
Uh-uh. Bad idea. The 600 twin and the 500 Fuji twin are made by two different engine manufacturers. you won't be able to make them work for the 500 Fuji. Fitment will be way off, and I guarantee that the back-pressure won't be correct. You will end up blowing your motor.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if the proffesional aftermarket guys couldnt make a twin set work good enough over stock to justify making them then how do you think you are going to just make a pipe fit?.

there is a lot more than jetting and clutching to making pipes work. on the 500 take rileys advice tune around your stock single or the aaen single pipe and be happy with that.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I remember on ebay a while back there was a PSI single for the 500, SLP used to make a set of twins but those a rare to find, u may want to consider buying a 600 0r 700 twin a sled if u want to go the twin pipe route. if u want to keep your 500 a single pipe may be a good investment considering if u can not find a twins.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i had a set of twins but when the motor blew up they went with the sled. really woke that thing up cant remember the brand though... just know that it picked up revs like a bastard and way more top end power. GL :p if i see the guy that bought the sled i will ask if he still has the pipes

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I guess I will keep my search a going for the twin pipes. I know where I can get a single Aaen pipe for $125 bucks.

LEADFOOT33------let me know what you find out. shoot me a PM on here after you talk to the guy. thanks

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Riley said:
The reason it's so hard to find pipes for the 500 motor is because nobody made any pipes that worked better then the stock single pipe.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a fact. You can do all the clutching and jetting you want with twins on the Indy 5 with twins and it still will not perform as well as the stock pipe. Even the aftermarket singles do nothing more than change the sound. Using the exhaust manifold from a 96 or later adds a little. Back in the day we found a small gain by removing 3/4" between the y and the ball joint on the manifold. Whatever you choose to do, please keep it quiet. More noise = fewer places to ride.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
BadAss_racing66 said:
Well I guess I will keep my search a going for the twin pipes. I know where I can get a single Aaen pipe for $125 bucks.

LEADFOOT33------let me know what you find out. shoot me a PM on here after you talk to the guy. thanks
good job, dont take the advice from people who have been there and done that, youth is wasted on the young. plain and simple, the time you spend in dialing in twin pipes on the fuji 500 you could have had it clutched and geared to give xlts a run for there money, with the twin pipes they are not a very trial friendly on off throttle pipe. do what you want your going to anyway. good luck.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
madcow said:
good job, dont take the advice from people who have been there and done that, youth is wasted on the young. plain and simple, the time you spend in dialing in twin pipes on the fuji 500 you could have had it clutched and geared to give xlts a run for there money, with the twin pipes they are not a very trial friendly on off throttle pipe. do what you want your going to anyway. good luck.

Don't forget, He's got his mind set on nothing less than twins:
BadAss_racing66 said:
I talked with Aaen and they will only make a single pipe for it. I want twin pipes.
BadAss_racing, If you want more power. get a more powerful sled, Perhaps one that twin pipes will make a difference on

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have a set of twins for sale, but they are attached to a Rev 800...I'll make you a deal on the whole works

·
Registered
269 Posts
i didnt find my twin pipes finicky at all ran good from my area all the way up to the top of the mtns could have been just me though to :p also i believe mine had larger carbs on it from some big bore kit it had on earlier in its life :p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts