Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year did they start makin those? cuz i just bought one and im tryin to find twin pipes and havent had any luck. any one no where i could mabe start lookin? thnx.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
first, you still have the 440 in it? and what year is yours?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its an o2 the guy didnt no. i was gonna call a dealer and see how to find out. but yes its still the 440

·
Registered
480 Posts
Check your tunnel and you can find out the manufactured date of your sled.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Would anybody consider the 00 edge 440 a pro-x I mean it is an edge chassis and the pro-x is an edge chassis it is just a thought that I had the first year that they were called a pro-x and produced was 2001.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
Would anybody consider the 00 edge 440 a pro-x I mean it is an edge chassis and the pro-x is an edge chassis it is just a thought that I had the first year that they were called a pro-x and produced was 2001.
I wouldn't call the 2000 440 XC SP, 2000 XCF edge, and 1999 440 XCR SP a Pro-X. Too many differences in the engine and suspension. I wouldn't call the Pro-X an Edge chassis either. They just share the same plastics and aesthetics.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Edge and Pro-X are not the same chassis. Root word there is 'CHASSIS' which is the only big difference in the two sleds besides suspension, decals, colors, and other little changes lol.

the 2001 Pro-X's were more closer tied to an Edge chassis sleds compared to the newer (2002-2004) Pro-X's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
2001 was the first year for the ProX 440 liquid cooled and the 600 liquid cooled.

2002 was the first year for the 440 fan, 2001 440 fans were called XCFs.

2002 and up Proxs had many more similarities compared to the 01s. 2001s used different rear suspension than 02s and up, and different trailing arms. 2001 also used a different bulkhead compared to the 02s and up. Good luck on the twin pipes. If you have the original seat or hood decals on your sled and the biggest X on it is yellow than its an 2001, if the biggest X on it is black than its an 2002. If its 2003 or newer it won't be Red and Yellow.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Does any manufacturer even make twin pipes for a 440cc Liberty V.E.S (liquid?)? If someone did, and you found a set, your sled would be so hard to jet, it would be ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts