Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fugi in the 97xc440 just doesn't do it so I've got big plans about transplanting my acquired 99xcr440sp motor into it. First issue is motor mounts. Pretty sure I need ones off of a 98xcr440sp because that was still the standard chassis. Some fabrication will sure follow, though, to make them fit. Then I need an airbox to fit, but I think any of the xc 6/700's 98-99 will work??? In addition I then need that curved steering rod to clear the new airbox. Anyone ever done something like this?? Pman, or Bman(I think you've got a 98???) if you've got any pics of the engine compartment that'd be cool [:D]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sno-X-Treme sounds like you are going to go through a lot of work to still have a 440. This is just my opinion but if you are going through that much work drop in a 600 or 700 motor. Riley

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Going from a 97 440 to a 99 440 is like going from a 340 to a 500. It's a big jump. I had a 1996 XCR 440 SP (Same engine as the 1997 XC 440), then I got a 1998 XCR 440 SP, and it was like night and day, the US Built VES Twin is worth all the work this guy is willing to put in IMO.

As for motor mounts and all that stuff, I have no pictures of that, but it's interesting that you ask, because in my ex-XCR 440 SP, the guy who bought it had the crank seals go on him, so ATM the sled is sitting in his garage with no engine in it. My Pro X is in the same garage (since april) waiting to get it's new hood put on. If the engine is still out of the XCR when I go to convince this guy to put my new hood on, I'll take some pics. Until then, maybe talk to Erick, since he put a XC 700 engine in an old agressive chassis machine, then converted the agressive plastics to Gen II.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
put in the other 440 with a price performance 700 top end. now you have a stock looking 440 with power to kill any 800 twin.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have did it and it turned out awesome....If you still need help e-mail and I can walk you through. I can get you some pics as well. I might be able to help with parts too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts