Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a polaris red spring. in another post somebody said it can "wake my sled up"
any info about prices, where to find it, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
is this it????
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Polaris_Drive_Clutch_Springs_132.html

·
Registered
749 Posts
i told you this and yes that is the one. try it. it was the best thing i ever did to my sled. The way you clutch youre sled totally determines its power characteristics. You always clutch to run where youre machine makes its amx power. In youre case your and my machine make 56 hp at 7200 rpm. i clutch mine to run at 7500rpm because i feel it is stronger but i can also except the fact that my engine is under more stress running at this high rpm. Fans are only suppose to rev at 7000rpm + or - 200 rpm. And no your machine will not overrev by adding this spring.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you take it to a shop to instal it or do you do it yourself? if you do it yourself what tools do you need

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
To change the primary spring, you need a clutch puller, a strap wrench, and some simple sockets.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
you don't need a clutch puller just take bolts off cover and pull spring off.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
10-15 minutes, just put a mark on the inner and outer cover before removing, this unit is balanced and must go back togeter the way it came off.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well I suppose if you have a clamp to squeeze the primary and take tension off the spring, you don't need to pull the clutch.

But if you don't have one, I found it much easier to pull the clutch first, then change the spring. Either, or. [;)]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Take the center bolt out and then screw it back in just a little bit, 2 turns or so. Then take the outer 6 bolts off, loosening all a little at a time. This will relieve most of the pressure when the cover is out and resting on the center bolt. Take the center bolt out and the cover is off. The tension is not that bad on your sled. The outer cover and spider assy have a X marked on them. Put them back together so they line up, this is becaused they are balanced. And there you go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts