Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i just bought a reverse for my sisters 97 xcf 500 and i got it in a box and i have no idea whats the order that they go in the chain case so can u help me out?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just did the same thing, hang on let me look for the link

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The smaller bottom gear goes on first with the smooth side in. Then put your chain on. Then the sleeve with the splines on it goes on. Then put the small gear just above the bottom gear on. The fatter one goes on first. Then put on the bigger bottom gear with the side that the spring fits in out and the thinner small gear. Then the spring and bolt goes on. Then tighten chain, seal it up, add oil, and pray for snow. If you need any more help, let me know. If you take pictures of the gears, it would be easier to explain.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have install instructions in my Media Gallery for a '95 XLT. I don't know if they will help, but you can take and look and see how similar they are...

Click Here

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Took me 4 ever to find the link that 95xcr600 sent me, and wham, he was back to this topic lightning fast!!!!! The instructions are the same. Dang this site is great!!!! MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM THRU THOUROUGHLY, AGAIN, AND AGAIN, BEFORE YOU START.or do like I did, and take it apart 4 times. lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
they are the same, the only difference was the cable activated or lever style.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Originally posted by fullthrottlemod
[br]hey 95xcr600, where did you get that reverese kit for your 95 xlt? my dad is wanting one for his.
Ebay [:D]

60% of my last sled was from Ebay [8D]

Glad the instructions helped out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts