Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing them because they are sagged out horribly. I have some new ones for it. I bought the .375 firm springs. I am just wondering how hard it is to replace these? I have never had a sled this new and I am not sure exactly what I need to do to replace them. Does the skid frame need to come off?? Any info will help and is appreciated. Thank you Oh and by the way they are on a 2004 rmk 700 with a 144" track

·
Registered
632 Posts
lift the long arm of the spring off the cradel behind the lower idler wheel, remove the 2 bolts,1 on either side of sled, lift the tunnel clear of the skid, loosen the set screw in the collar with an allan wrench, slide off the upper idler wheels, then wrestle the spring out. put it all back together in reverse. The hard part is getting the holes lined back up to bolt the skid back in. Call a buddy, provide the beer, swear alot. usually takes some compressing of the skid to line them up again, but all sleds are a bit different. I used a HD ratchet strap to hold the sled up by the back bumper, a come-along works good too. I just did this on my sons 99 XC 500 last weekend, and also put in .375 springs.

here is a linnk to the polaris micro-fische.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/14/Polaris.aspx

The bolt set up looks different than mine, i think you have the 2pc bolt/shaft. just need a wrench on both side at the same time then...no biggie.

2010102517161784_17704.jpg

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Use a ratchet strap to support the weight of the back of the skid before you un-bolt it... It'll save you a lot of swearing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts