Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard through the grape vine that polaris is bringing out a stock turbo sled, has anyone else heard of this? I heard about it from a guy at a hill climb i went to on the weekend. Don't know how true the rumors are or not. Would be pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Eventually they will have a stock turbo 4-stroke that makes good power. I don't know when the sled is set for release though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I heard that they have an already made 750 v-twin turbo charged fourstroke that makes 140 hp. It is set to be in a jet sji but might make it's way into a consumer sled. Seems like it would give an RX-1 some competition.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
As far as new sleds are concerned, I'll believe it when I see it! There were WAY to many rumors involved with the 2004 line-up for the big 4. Only a few if that were true, don't get my wrong the idea sounds cool...just not getting my hopes up with any rumors tell they start coming true.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The T660 Turbo, their four stroke is at 110hp now. Still not comparable to the RX-1, but then again that is why it is in the touring sleds.

·
Registered
227 Posts
All 4 sled manufacturers are going to have to do something, isn't 2006 the year they have to meet EPA emissions? With their 2 strokes I don't believe they will make it. Yamaha has the advantage cause of their high performance 4 stroke technology in their street bikes. The best in this business is Honda, but they don't make sleds. So for the greatest horsepower gains for the "technological inadvanced" i.e. polaris, arctic, Ski-doo would be turbo or superchargers for their 4 strokes.

I am not saying that Po, Cat, or Doo are inferior by any means, they just need a little more time.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Im hoping for a 900-950cc twin for next yr out of polaris..For their RMKs especialy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dont hope too much guys. there just rumors. But im still hoping too!
wouldnt they have to turbo charge it?i hear the four strokes dont have near the power of 2 stokes.is this right?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
RMK-King from what I saw with the 800 twin this last weekend if they had a 900 or 950 twin they would have to put on about a 35 gal. gas tank to get any distsnce out of it. We thought it was kind of funny because my friends 800 Edge XC got worse mileage ( 8 mpg ) then my truck did pulling a 4 place trailer with 4 sleds on it. ( 11 mpg ) Riley

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Polaris already has the turbo engine in their MSX 150 watercraft. 150 hp is very nice. If they would just drop it into a snowmobile chassis, i think it would be great competition for the RX-1.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/product/wat/4stroketurbo.asp

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I know a guy with an RZ1 that is thinking of a REV 800 next year,and he has drove a Yamaha all his life,it works ok,just badly dissapointed in the power,top end speed is good but gets blown away on the bottom end by 700 Firecats.all the RX1'S around here are the same.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
ski-doo's sdi motors will meet 2006 epa standards, and hopefully give 2 strokes a new lease on life!!![:D][:D]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Don't think Polaris is not working on other things as well. I kinda know what's going on behind the scenes. I could go off spouting my mouth but that wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
No, it was aimed at me. I could go spouting off my mouth, telling secrets....or I could not. I have chosen not to.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my bad!!! i'm probably just being a little defensive. thanks for setting me straight[:D]

p.s. what does polaris have in the works, i won't tell anyone------i promise[}:)][}:)]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts