Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried to match an IQ seat up to an Edge tank? I'm sure I could get it secured to the tunnel, just trying to figure out if it will fit up to the tank?

Thanks,
Jonesy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
No. You would have to use the IQ gas tank as well.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
No. You would have to use the IQ gas tank as well.
Yep, I put a fusion seat and tank (basically the same as IQ) on one sled and an edge seat and tank on another sled, and the fusion seat didn't fit up with the edge tank at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
old_school, did you post some pics of that a while back?

Is it worth messin' around with the cowl then for both the tank and seat to match up?

Jonesy.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
A guy on snowest did it. He bought an IQ seat and cut both seats in half and used the front part of the edge so it matches up with the tank and the back half was the IQ seat, he custom made the bottom part.

·
Registered
511 Posts
t_jones98 said:
old_school, did you post some pics of that a while back?

Is it worth messin' around with the cowl then for both the tank and seat to match up?

Jonesy.
Yeah, that was me. I only had to cut away a small amount of the hood at the top of the tank. Only took a couple minutes with a roto zip cutter. Tank and seat bolted to the top of the tunnel no problem. The most difficult part (not that it was all that difficult) was capping off the big hole in the front of the fusion tank where the electric fuel pump/fuel gauge assembly is supposed to mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts