Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've been working on my wife's 98 xlt classic since we bought it in the spring. I've been taking alot of things apart and cleaning them or replacing things if they are worn out. Well I removed the chaincase cover which has reverse. I took all the gears and chain out of the housing and scrubbed all of the old oil out of the chaincase and then put all of the gears and chain back in. Then when I looked at the cover it had alot of crud stuck underneath the shift fork. So I removed the retaining ring and pulled both the lever and the fork out of the assembly to clean it, but my dumbass forgot to take a picture of it. Basically, what I need to know is how does the lever and fork go back together? Meaning how are they supposed to be indexed to each other. Say the forks are laying flat in the cover(with me holding the cover in my hand with the inside facing up), at what position should I put the lever in? I'm the greatest at mansplaining things so if it's not clear what I'm asking, let me know and I'll try and figure out either how to word it, or I will take pictures to try and show what I mean. I've looked everywhere on here and on google and havent found any info. And please dont respond with a link from partsland or any other schematic. I've looked at them many times and it doesnt help. If anyone has a copy of the reverse kit installation instructions for the evolved chassis(where the reverse lever is on the middle of the handle bars and pulls up towards the sky) that should help me out. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I wanted to post for anyone who stumbles upon this thread and is seeking an answer, that I have detailed out responses to OP's questions on a thread over at HCS:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts