Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
whys that 700zxm? A-arms arent everthing, i can wait, but i see skidoo jumped on the Artic-cat bandwagon and put some A-arms on their sled. Blair musta took some secrets over to ski doo with him eh????

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yes, a-arms aren't everything. Independent front suspention is independent front suspension no matter how you look at it. I think if Polaris was going to change, it would be something better than just a-arms.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If you think about it the trailing arm system is really just a very large "A" arm. I personally think that the trailing arm would be a stronger system for frontal impacts, as the rear point wouldnt have to endure so much stress. As for racing i dont really see much of a difference in the styles. As i have said before, you put Blair Morgan on any sled in that field and he will find a way to take it to the front. Its not the sled but the driver.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I think the only advantages to the A arm suspension are that you can maintain more correct steering geometry throughout the suspension travel than with the Trailing arm. The other advantage is weight savings. Other than that they both do the same thing!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
I hope Polaris doesn't get A-arms, I don't like the looks of A-Arms, look to plain.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts