Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was up north and I needed to replace the boot on my 1998 Indy 500, a local shop sold me a NGK replacrment boot for $2.50. It was easy to install no problems. When I was back home talking to the local Powersports dealers parts guy he said that I needed to use a $35 Polaris boot, cause it has some special resistance charicteristic and if I used NGK it would blow my CDI.
Is this for real , or just selling me some expensive parts?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Its a fuji Indy 500....they have had the same CDI for years. He's talking out his butt

this is the correct OEM p/n you need

SKU: 4020129
RESISTOR PLUG CAP 2 $4.72

I have a complete cdi I would sell for 35 bucks

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
He's just trying to get your money. That's all I put on sleds is the NGK ends, and never had any problems. NGK does make them in different resistances, but doesn't really matter much on a stock machine.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I looked at my fuji liquid machines and they all have NGK boots on them

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i have a set of the boots that wont blow youre cdi, ill take 30 a piece for them.
ill even pay the shipping.
thats saving 10 over the dealer...
[}:)]
but on serious note, the ngk boots are fine, ran them for as long as i know

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
He must be one of those guys that thinks he can sell a triple dip chocolate Ice cream cone to a lady in a white dress and gloves......

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
DrumBum said:
So I was up north and I needed to replace the boot on my 1998 Indy 500, a local shop sold me a NGK replacrment boot for $2.50. It was easy to install no problems. When I was back home talking to the local Powersports dealers parts guy he said that I needed to use a $35 Polaris boot, cause it has some special resistance charicteristic and if I used NGK it would blow my CDI.
Is this for real , or just selling me some expensive parts?
[BSMeter]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx 4 the input, I will go get some NGK boots for my other Polaris sleds. I like the BS Meter, wonder if it comes in white face for my Classic 600.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
on the newer cdi sleds i would make sure you get the correct ohm resistance cap, you dont have to get the 35$ ones from polaris, just make sure you get the same ohm as what you have, i beleive they are 5k ohm resistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts