Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my sled the other day when it quit running. The problem was the one coil wire came off while I was riding. I squeezed the fitting so it doesn't come off so easily, it has happened before. Now it will not start. I checked all of the coil wires for continuity. There are no broken wires. All of my coils are reading .8 ohms. I tried to pull a voltage reading off of my cdi on the coil wires but all I'm getting right now is o.l. when I pull it over. So I know I'm getting voltage, I'm just not sure how much yet, ill have to play with the range settings later on. Any one else ever have this problem before? I'm gonna dig the manual out and do some reading up on it later, just figured I would see if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty sure I have it traced down to the cdi......only problem is it seems about impossible to get one. Does anyone know if one off of a different sled will work. The ones on the xlt's look the same and have the same wattage but different part numbers. The ones for the 94 storm have the same cdi box # but different Polaris part #. Called the polaris dealer and he told me that the timing inside of the box could be different. Wouldn't the timing be controlled by the trigger coil? Ive never really messed with the electronics. If i did I would just buy the replacement part and put it on but that is not an option.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts