Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy says this thing is an SKS....Doesnt look like it to me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=250061224859&rd=1

I sent him a message "you have a 121 skid not a 133.5 skid", (wheres the tunnel extension? the extra 4.5" of rail?)

he replied: "model number 09665582, the 55 denotes storm SKS which the polaris service manual states that it IS a 133.5 track length"

He is correct with the model number, but it doesnt look like any sks ive ever seen!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i looked on polaris man and it says that the skid is a 133.5 but maybe he bought the thing second hand with 1 121?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I figured he was just doing like many ebayers do and throwing that on the end of the name so it appears under more searches....but seeing that he actually thinks it is is disappointing.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Mabye the manual is from an sks?

·
Registered
901 Posts
there is no way that is a sks.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
the skid loooks a bit longer, it can work in a 121 chasie.... but it may just be me i havent ben around a extra 10 in a year now.
[attachment=26648]
[attachment=52955]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It is a 133.5. Look at the length of the seat. The rails come factory like that, 1 piece. The tunnell extention is already built into them.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I agree a 133.5.. check out http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp
for a '96 Storm SKS.. the Front Torque Arm assembly shows one wheel, and the Suspension shows three wheels, before the rear idler wheel.. same like the picture shown with four idler wheels (regardless of inside or outside the rail) before the rear wheel.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by XCRacer440
[br]It is a 133.5. Look at the length of the seat. The rails come factory like that, 1 piece. The tunnell extention is already built into them.
exactly look at the back of the seat, the end of the seat is longer covering the rail extension. i have the 96 broacher and it said 133.5 length as well.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So basically, the seat is longer than a regular 121? Thats mean of polaris to trick me like that! learn something new everyday

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
It is indeed a SKS, they just made it longer without adding a tunnel extension.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Gentlemen,

I saw The Dead Giveaway: look at the rear suspension mount, that is a drop bracket for an RMK, it has an upper and lower position. That would only have come on the SKS or RMK 133.5" or 136" versions. Those are factory rivets too. You can see in the reflection off the tunnel, how the aluminum is slightly, but perfectly puckered.

Besides, it has the longer rails.

One very clean machine.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
after checking out several pictures on that ebay link and based on other info too, I am now convinced its 100% geniune "SKS" verison for Indy Storm, the track doesnt quite look like 136" and yet its 133.5" and rear pictures helps me and also polarisman site under "1996" has given me info as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts