Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on the supersport 550 fans I'm contemplating on buying one but know very little about the newer sleds.Just started riding again last year after being used to the the old 70's arctic cat and polaris sleds.Currently own a 1982 ski doo citation 4500 w/a 377 and a 2001 polaris 340 deluxe,and man what a difference.I love that little polaris but need more power.I like the fans They can run on little snow and want to ride as much as i can otherwise I'd get an edge 600.Never know still might.I'm thinking 2000 or newer any input appreciated

·
Registered
741 Posts
i had a 99 supersport. good reliable machine. not a powerhouse by any means but it was smooth and rode nice. Im not a big fan of fan cooled sleds and IMO you should look for a liquid sled, but thats up to you. There are also very little mods out there for them incase you were wondering... good luck

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The edge chassis are said to be restrictive for the fan cooled SuperSport because of small vents not letting much air in. With trapped under-hood hot air the motor will seize. I rode an '01 for a year or two and didn't have any issues, but it was ridden balls to the wall. If you push the sled so you get enough air flowing in there shouldn't be a problem.
They are neither fast nor quick, but the edge suspension rides nice, even though supersports have the cheapy shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts