Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have an 1999 xcf 440 thats i am trying to sell because i bent the tunnel....i sold the throttle block but decided after that i wanted to sell the sled whole.....pepole are interested but they want to see it run.... will it run without the throttle block? i knoe there are sensors in it(throttle position sensors). so will it run to prove it does? http://binghamton.craigslist.org/rvs/1645852832.html

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't know if it applies to your sled, but most sleds do have a Throttle positioning sensor..even if it's messed up, your sled should still run..from my experience it just runs crappy with the T.P.S. sub-par. If you disconnect your kill-switch, that should do away with your T.P.S. and you'd just have to use your key for the on/off switch. There's only one way to find out..go mess around with it so when a potential buyer comes along you know what "play" to run.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Throttle position sensor is actually located on the carbs...

Throttle safety switch is on the throttle block and it shouldn't run without it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the sensor is in the throttle block on almost every polaris.....yeah i will just give it a try i guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts