Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my sled dealer today. While there he received a call from a former Polaris dealer in a different city whom he is very good friends with. That dealer told my guy that there will be an announcement soon that Polaris is getting out of the sled biz. Lastly, I am not writing to start an argument with anybody. I know some may take this as me stirring the waters. I AM NOT! Does anyone have any serious discussion they can add to this rumor I heard?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i hope they dont stop...polaris has been around longer than me i think they make good sleds.hopefully things turn around for them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Has anyone ever told you to believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear? Rumors are just that, rumors. I have very good sources and the answer is NO!!! The board members were on Tom Tiller's ass bigtime for wanting to drop the watercraft line. They didn't want to see part of their legacy go, but ultimately, money talks. They will be reducing production of sleds, and focusing on what's making them $$...atvs and bikes. Be looking for a new 800 engine. Arctic Cat is in some trouble though, and that's not bs. Polaris sleds aren't going anywhere. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
345 Posts
the poo dealer near my place isnt going to be selling polaris anymore. he doesnt sell much of their pr0ducts, and its funn becasue there isnt another polaris dealer for a long way.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Polaris_Doc
[br]Has anyone ever told you to believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear? Rumors are just that, rumors. I have very good sources and the answer is NO!!! The board members were on Tom Tiller's ass bigtime for wanting to drop the watercraft line. They didn't want to see part of their legacy go, but ultimately, money talks. They will be reducing production of sleds, and focusing on what's making them $$...atvs and bikes. Be looking for a new 800 engine. Arctic Cat is in some trouble though, and that's not bs. Polaris sleds aren't going anywhere. -Polaris Doc
I knew I might get in trouble for bringing this up. This Polaris dealer has been around many many years. He decided to kick the Polaris rep. out the door on the end of his boot because it seems the Polaris mantra lately is...."if you can't move 200 sleds for us, we'll find someone who will." and "We want you to build a Polaris super store." Just take a look around. Where are all the old dealers going? It seems to me that Polaris is forgeting who got them where they are today. Cat is doing the same with their atv's at Gander Mountain. Pretty retarded!!! The mentality of superstores will kill the manufacturers fast. Here's another rumor. Redline has taken their designs to China. I here there will be a Chinese snowmobile for 2008 or 2009.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by codyc123
[br]i dont belive it, mainly because i dont want to, but they are behind in the tech dept.
I dont see how they are. the new dragon is the only good running mountain sled this year. doo and cat are having problems and the little dragon 700 is playin with the big dogs at that.

No poo sleds HA. just what we need more of these rumors. when polaris is back on top of there game they through in the towel. I think there is a more reliable sorce out there over on snowest and has been proven to know what he is talking about. He has drove the new 2008 dragon 800 for next year. now why would they go and make a new sled to just quite next year???? sock it to um.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by t660redrocket
Here's another rumor. Redline has taken their designs to China. I here there will be a Chinese snowmobile for 2008 or 2009.
That was in a magazine this month. It is not a rumour.
I am not sure if it is Redline. But someone in china made a sled.
If it is sold here... only time will tell.

As for Polaris to stop selling sleds??? that kinda seems silly to me. They have slipped a little in the market share... But for a decade they owned 40% of it.. You don't jump ship after a bad year.
They might not be making the profit they used too, but they are still making cash on snowmobiles.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i dont think they well go down that quick they are keeping up in compition just as much as the other companys

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great...I buy my first sled ever like six days ago and now they wanna stop making them, for a sled that needs all kinds of parts this isn't good news...[B)]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
You can put your fears to rest boys, I picked up my wheeler from Bristow's today (one of the largest dealers in the US) today and I talked to the head of sales, he just laughed!! He said POO has a few surprises for next year, but not makin sled ain't one of them!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Polaris is spending a lot of time and money, developing it's Motorcycle line "Victory"

They are involved in a major unveiling of the Victory Vision. This is a bike that was created with collaboration with Arlen Ness and company.

I have heard no rumor about sleds. It would be a shame if they do. Competition is the best thing.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Since Polaris stopped making triples, it's been a downhill slide. It should be interesting to watch. I think gas milage and the Gov sticking their nose in should be the deciding factor. Anyone agree, don't be shy.[:p]

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]You can put your fears to rest boys, I picked up my wheeler from Bristow's today (one of the largest dealers in the US) today and I talked to the head of sales, he just laughed!! He said POO has a few surprises for next year, but not makin sled ain't one of them!
I was just there today also. I am usally there once a week or every two for various reasons. IMO they are the worst dealership in the area. Comparing them to the local Yam dealership where I get bike parts or even honda house. I dont go to bristows by choice, but only because they have a huge inventory. *Most of the people who work there are complete Fing morons.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]You can put your fears to rest boys, I picked up my wheeler from Bristow's today (one of the largest dealers in the US) today and I talked to the head of sales, he just laughed!! He said POO has a few surprises for next year, but not makin sled ain't one of them!
I wouldn't put any trust into "sales people". They are at the retail end.[8D]

·
Registered
295 Posts
well I agree with T660 on one thing The sales reps from Polaris want you to sell 200 units or 100
As far as them going out I kinda think they might. They have slimmed down their snowmobile line compared to the previous year (hated to see the old indy 500 (fuji488l/c)go)
But then again like I seen in another post up top that polaris has a big suprise for next season now I have heard that From the owner of my shop
Guess we will just see what happens kinda like Rick Moranis from Spaceballs Smoke if you got em
Enjoy em while you got em

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
years ago the same rumors were about yami. they slowed production to focus on retooling for the 4 stroke sleds. look at them now. they have climed in sales every year. there are more poo doo and cat coats riding yami sleds than yami coats.

polaris might scale things down and slow down on retooling so fast to save money on a tight market. but to drop the sleds I doubt it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Polaris is not going to stop making sleds. Scaling back the number of sleds produced is just a business model they are following in an attempt to improve profitability. This is similar to what Chrysler did. Also it was not too long aga that Yamaha cut the number of sleds they were producing to focus on producing better sleds instead of more sleds. I would say that has turned out pretty well for Yamaha and I think it will work for Polaris also.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Polaris will hopefully stop selling improperley calibrated sleds but not stop selling.

Chinese sleds are real, if you ride one on the trail watch out cause I wear elbow pads.
And they do have full size sleds.

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Snowmobile-manufacturers/b/2000000003844/3000000184055/22728.htm

[attachment=57960]

[attachment=57961]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts